ESU broke language

Sebastiau

Sebastiau

Hi friends,
I have Windows 2000, SQL Server 2000, E810 with Polish language and Polish localization. It was working properly, but after applying some ESUs I can see in some applications english words and polish together (for Polish users).
I suppose this problem is also common for other languages?
Does anyone of you know how can I refresh my Polish language?

maybe you must create new install.plan (language only) and apply it? (imho)

Not sure but some things for you to do.
Did you build your package with both English and Polish?
Did you run R92TAM for both Eng and Polish, then replace on all workstation and servers.

Hi Sebastiau,

Unfortunately, that kind of multilanguage garbage is
quite common in OneWorld since B7321 to E811.
In South America I had seen plenty of "Spanglish" and
"Portuglish" menus, applications and reports; while
here in Canada I'm having the same annoyances with
"Frenchglish".
You can copy all the tables (WITHOUT erasing, just
appending data) from your Polish local data source
(on the Deployment Server) to your Central Objects
and Control Tables. R98403 is the best tool for that.

Have luck! Sebastian Sajaroff
Montreal, Quebec, Canada

[ QUOTE ]
while here in Canada I'm having the same annoyances with "Frenchglish".

[/ QUOTE ]

Bonjour Sebastian,

I believe the term that you are searching for is "Franglish".
tongue.gif

au revoir

Gregg

Hi friends again,

Sebastian, I am not quite sure but probably the data in language tables are still the same, I mean the rows with PO polish translations was not deleted from these tables. But after applying ESU some applications are using rows with english words. I know this tool R98403, I will try it but have you ever been successful with that ?

FNorelli, I builded package for both Polish and English (domestic) languages. When I tried to build it again after applying ESU nothing happened. No I did not run R92TAM, what is that ? I have only 3 machines Enterprise server, deployment and one workstation (let say terminal server).

Hi Sebastiau.

I think your issue is actually part of a policy change JDE made prior to the PS takeover. If I remember correctly, language updates only happen with major releases. So anything that changes in an ESU or SP which affects language will not be addressed until the next major release. We run systems with several European and Asian languages and were not happy about this change. In our case we have seen little impact. I would confirm this with Oracle Support or your sales contact, but I think what you are seeing is EnterpriseOne "functioning as designed" where language updates are concerned.

Hi Sebastiau,

Yes, it happens from time to time.
ESU install overwrite your specs and you lose some of
your foreign (other than English I mean...) texts.
You have to reappend data from your Polish datasource.
Quite annoying :-(

Sebastian

Hi friends again,
I have solved the problem. After applying the ESUs I have checked in special instructions which applications were affected. After that I opened OMW add that application to my default project and I have done twice Get operation. This shows me the message that this operation will overwrite local specifications. After that I remove application from my default project and start again Peoplesoft. Now I have again perfect translated all words on the screen.
wink.gif

What do you think about it ?

Which Environment(s) have you applied the ESU(s) to and which Environment did you do the last Get from?

Hi Alex,
I have my installation only with PD environment so I have done it only in that.

Then it should be fine, I just thought, that if you were to "Get" from a wrong Environment, you may have removed the new specs installed by the ESU...

Hi Alex,
I thought the same and I was affraid but I have checked the applications and it looks okey. If I will find something wrong I will put it here. Thank you so much.

Back