ODBC connections from Citrix server using too much CPU

DiegoM

Hi group, and thanks in advance for the help.

I'm managing one Citrix MF XP FR3, on windows 2003, and FatClient Installed.

The Qzdasinit use normally 2%-5% of CPU... the ones connecting from Citrix MetaFrame, are using 60%-70% of CPU... Any ideas about this?

Diego,

One of two things normally cause this that I know of:
1) The user did a 'disconnect', for some reason their connection to the Citrix Server was terminated, and the ODBC job goes bonkers.
2) The user placed a request via QBE that causes a sort to happen on a large amount of data, you can tell this one by checking the invocation stack (option 11 from wrkjob). You will see QQQTSORT in the stack.

Our 'answer' to both is we set a max CPU of 5000 seconds for the QZDASOINIT jobs. This at least causes them to autocancel so we don't need to watch for them all the time. You could set the max to meet you needs, normally our QZDASOINIT jobs never use more than 2500seconds of CPU.

HTH.

Tom

Sounds to me like they are doing some queries over rather large files. You might want to check to see that a good logical (index) is setup for those files.

The INIT jobs will occasionally spike when they are doing a pretty good retrieve, but they should not stay at the CPU% for an extended period of time.

My suggestion would be to put QUSRWRK in its own sharepool and then check the indexes being used and maybe created some new ones to cut down on % and performance. Users will also have their screen return faster as well.

Just my two cents though.
smirk.gif

Good News, and thanks for your help.

Closing the disconnected sessions has helped me a lot. Thanks for your help guys!!!

I'm no expert in JDE, but if you want help with Citrix, don't hesitate to contact me.

Thanks again,

Diego Madiedo

Back