Peer review of presentation please

• Thread starter brother_of_karamazov
  • Start date

brother_of_karamazov

Legendary Poster
I am giving a presentation soon on EnterpriseOne technical maintenance and would like the Jdelisters to take a look at the attached presentation.

If you could give me feedback on any of the items listed or any items I have missed I would appreciate it.

Attachments

• 94568-EnterpriseOne Periodic Maintenance.zip
    15.9 KB · Views: 348
BOK,

Interesting presentation. Where are you presenting and whom is your audience? I could see that presentation fitting in nicely at Quest or Oracle OpenWorld.

Gregg Larkin
JDE System Administrator (CNC) / North America
Praxair, Inc.

Hear, hear!

This is chock full of good stuff...it should be a "best practice" presentation at Open World, at a minimum...

Brother,

Just some thoughts..

In your list of purge reports you could add R9312 to purge the F9312 security history file. It can get pretty big if you have security logging on..but retention period would depend on your policies

In a FAT client environment you could check for pending package deployment records. Sometimes a user logs in to say the PY enviornment after a long time and finds 5 mandatory packages pending deployment...

Monitor Update center for important fixes and updates

Review User profiles, and delete all temp id's that are no longer needed.

Review debug log settings. Ensure that no debugs have been accidentaly left on, on servers and pkg build workstations

You dont mention much about Server disk spce usage etc and also on DB side such as re-indexing etc. Did you want to keep this strictly to E1 and not cross over into Server & DB maintainance..?

Great! I've got the same on an excel spreadsheet that I use as a check list for teaching.

Just a few additional ideas....

1. Periodically Purge Financial Report Audit trail in P83001 (write custom UBE)

2. Generate Business Function Documentation R98ABSFN

3. I clean up OMW using SQL scripts to delete the ESU packages, remove user projects and objects that are no longer needed (employee no longer on staff)

4. I clean up package manually using SQL Scripts

5. Run SQL scripts to see what objects exist in one environment but not another

6. Run SQL scripts to compare OCM mapping between environments

7. Do a manual purge of the F00960. It will be repopulated as users log onto the system. Useful for seeing what workstations/servers still connect to JDE.

8. Remove .LOG flles from PRINTQUEUE on enteprise server

9. Set/Check Modification merge flags (P98401)

Back