Data conversion to Unicode during an Upgrade

It wasn't EPM, actually it wasn't even an official Oracle tool. The tool was referred to as Entelligent Performance Tools. A software development firm working for oil and gas industry companies came up with this 'generic statistics' tool which really sheds light on performance bottlenecks where debug logs tend to convolute them.

My understanding of all the guts is a bit sketchy, but the gist of it was that some business function hooks could be inserted into UBE's and possibly interactive apps (?) and you would enable or disable statistics generation outside of those apps, on the fly. It was really exciting stuff, but I guess I'm easily excited. End users could even see what their batch jobs were doing (perfect for self help portals, maybe helping to end some calls to CNC and DBA groups from users wondering if their job is doing anything!)

The issue they have with Oracle is their development agreement prohibits them from even giving the tool away to non-oil and gas industry companies. They want some folks to get in touch with Oracle and pound on them to either release the company from this restriction, or integrate the tool into JDE themselves. I for one would like to see it happen.

Hi List,

This file might put some light into the entire process.

Freddy,

Attachments

• 94604-Data Conversion Guide.pdf
    302.8 KB · Views: 2,228
In addition to the Generic Stats, the Entelligent Performance ESU will contain APIs for better SQL formation and the Generic Cache. The Generic Cache is cache that is easy enough to implement in ER (it also has a browser.)

Good news is that the ESU runs on Xe through E8.10 (E8.11 will soon be ready and tested.) Bad news is that Oracle needs to get on the ball so P2ES can release the ESU.

Pretty much anyone who develops applications or UBEs will be able to use this ESU to make better design decisions for increasing both performance and reliability.

Cheers,

Chris

Back