gigi

gigi

VIP Member
Hi guys,
I've a problem with a customer with this configuration
EO 8.11 tool Release 8.94I1 - AS400 V5R3
Web server EO 8.11 tool Release 8.94I1 - Windows 2003
Generator EO 8.11 tool Release 8.94I1 - Windows 2003

The problem is: when I generate for the first time (F989998 and F989999 empty) all objects everything works correctly. I'm able to connect to Web server, work with interactive application, submit report.....when I regenerate something (one report, one application, reoprt per system code, bulk generation....) and restart Web server I receive error Datadictionary SPEC-NOT-FOUND and if I check in F989999 table I find that for some DD the record, for example with DICT-PID and language blak has been deleted. Records with other Language (I, G, S...) still be in the table.
With these errors I cannot work corectly and sometimens I cannot log in the web server.
Has someone experienced same problem?
Thanks in advance
Gigi

gigi
i am facing a similar issue with specs available in tables F98999*, but randomnly deleting application specs from these tables when doing gen with users logged on.
Unable to load bv from web client but specs are there in the tables, SPEC_NOT_FOUND error on face,
Any ideas to overcome this will be appreciated.
-------------
8.94_I1, Windows 2003, SQL2K

If you have EO 8.11 installed, check developer client configuration(all configuration must point locally). jdbj.ini installed on developer client MUST point to Local Spec not to System - 811 (there is a commented out section that you have to uncomment to do this).
If you leave comment out this section when developer generates html on client the generation is done to F989998 and F989999 stored on Central Object instead must be done locally (in MSDE db)
Good luck
Gigi

Do you mean to say when doing Gen from a client jdbj.ini spec data source should point to local msde rather than the Central Objects?
Actually I do see the records for say P98305W or P01012 in the Central Objects F98999* Tables, but the web client is not able to pull it after restart.
---------
8.11, 8.94_I1, Windows 2003, SQL 2000

On a web development client, where developers are developing, (NOT for client generator) if you leave jdbj.ini mapped to system when a developers generate HTML from OMW to test an application, generation works on F98999* on Central Object....and works bad because before delete a lot of record for Data Dictionary (in F989999 record with DICT_* on central object) without regenerate them, so your jas server doesn't work correctly (doesn't load form, doesn't allow to login....).

If you see Jas log of JAS server probably you'll see that it doesn't find DICT_JOBN for example, or other data dictionary serialized spec.

"Do you mean to say when doing Gen from a client jdbj.ini spec data source should point to local msde rather than the Central Objects?"
YES BUT ONLY FOR DEVELOPER CLIENT NOT FOR CLIENT GENERATOR

Gigi

I have verified this, none of the Dev clients have spec data source mapped to Central Objects, all are local MSDE.
Also I dont see the DD spec failures. It is occuring on all Interactive apps across all environments.

Thanks
Murali

Exact message as follows

22 Aug 2005 10:51:38,188 [ Worker Thread - OWVirtual_Thread_Group9 Assigned To com.jdedwards.runtime.virtual.OWVirtual@6099dd6] ERROR: {com.jdedwards.database.base.JDBException} - com.jdedwards.database.base.JDBException: [SPEC_NOT_FOUND] Unable to find OneWorld specification for ER-P0004A-W0004AA.
com.jdedwards.database.base.JDBException: [SPEC_NOT_FOUND] Unable to find OneWorld specification for ER-P0004A-W0004AA.
at com.jdedwards.database.services.spec.SerializedSpecMap.getSpecByUserAndLanguage(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.jas.JDEORB.getSpec(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.jdedwards.jas.ServletProxy.callServerComponent(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.jas.ServletProxy.ServletProxy(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.jas.ServletProxy.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.jas.net.NetConnection.callJAS(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.jas.net.NetManager.processRequest(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.jas.net.NetManager.callJAS(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.jas.net.NetManager.getSpec(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.runtime.er.ERManager.getERModule(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.runtime.er.ERManager.getFormERModule(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.runtime.model.form.FormModel.setERModule(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.runtime.vtcomponent.form.VTForm.loadForm(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.runtime.virtual.OWVirtual.startForm(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.runtime.virtual.SystemEventProcessor.processOpenFormEvent(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.runtime.virtual.SystemEventProcessor.processVTSystemEvent(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.runtime.virtual.OWVirtual.processVTEvent(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.runtime.virtual.OWVirtual.processEventLoop(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.runtime.virtual.OWVirtual.run(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.base.util.ThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(Unknown Source)
22 Aug 2005 10:51:38,188 [ Worker Thread - OWVirtual_Thread_Group9 Assigned To com.jdedwards.runtime.virtual.OWVirtual@6099dd6] ERROR: {com.jdedwards.jas} - Error in JDEORB.getSpec()
com.jdedwards.database.base.JDBException: [SPEC_NOT_FOUND] Unable to find OneWorld specification for ER-P0004A-W0004AA.
at com.jdedwards.database.services.spec.SerializedSpecMap.getSpecByUserAndLanguage(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.jas.JDEORB.getSpec(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.jdedwards.jas.ServletProxy.callServerComponent(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.jas.ServletProxy.ServletProxy(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.jas.ServletProxy.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.jas.net.NetConnection.callJAS(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.jas.net.NetManager.processRequest(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.jas.net.NetManager.callJAS(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.jas.net.NetManager.getSpec(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.runtime.er.ERManager.getERModule(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.runtime.er.ERManager.getFormERModule(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.runtime.model.form.FormModel.setERModule(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.runtime.virtual.OWVirtual.startForm(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.runtime.virtual.SystemEventProcessor.processOpenFormEvent(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.runtime.virtual.SystemEventProcessor.processVTSystemEvent(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.runtime.virtual.OWVirtual.processVTEvent(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.runtime.virtual.OWVirtual.processEventLoop(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.runtime.virtual.OWVirtual.run(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.base.util.ThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(Unknown Source)

In my jas.log I saw also your error

"...at com.jdedwards.database.services.spec.SerializedSpecMap.getSpecByUserAndLanguage(Unknown Source)
...."

In jdbj.ini there is a section comment out that means jas application server on developer client uses OCM mapping. So in OCM mapping there are mapping for F98999* to Central Object.
If you uncomment this section, jas application server on developer client Won't use OCM mapping but this jdbj.ini section for table F98999*.
I spent a lot of days to understand what happen with my serialized objects. First I thought that was a bad configuration generator server, after that I thought there was something on my AS400 that deleted record on tables.......but in the end was bad configuration of web application installed on developer client.
Gigi

Try it
Gigi

This was a issue with Personal Spec versions.
The following jdbj.ini setting has to be false else E1 looks for user specific records from F98999* tables.

personalSpecVersions=false

Back