EO8.10 JAS Gen with Languages

PAULDCLARK

Well Known Member
Hi list,

Does anyone else have this issue, I have an EO1 E8.10 system on SQL2000 SP3a, Windows 2003, SP 8.94_L1 with Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Polish and Russian installed on it.

When I do a Direct Generation for just the base language the gen completes in about 45mins with no problems. The minute I select a langauge the generator eventually hangs. It uses memory but there is no processor activity. You can stop and start at this point and resume the session and it just carries on until after about the fifth attempt it completes.

I have tried doing the gen one language at a time with a user with that setting and it makes no difference at all.

I spoke to another consultant today and he had much the same experience, I am pretty sure that this is a bug in the SP but would like to hear is anyone else has the same problem.

I'm 95% sure that the system is OK, I get the same result no matter what JDK I use, or if I run it on a Client Generator machine or the JAS Server itself. I have lost count of the number of times I have installed these things in English only and have never seen this issue.

Cheers

Paul

EO8.10 SP8.94_L1, latest Planner ESU, Windows 2003 (Cluster), SQL 2000 sp3a. Websphere 5.0.2 + the four fixes. JDBC SP2.

My platform is EO8.10 / 8.94L1 / Oracle 9.2.0.5 / Solaris and I am facing a similar problem.
4 languages are installed (Dutch, French, German and Italian).
I have a lot of problems with generation with MSG_431 error messages (Fetch Serialized Object failed).
One time the generation seems to be ok but no record can be found for languages in F989999 table except for DD ones.
(I have tried with EO8.10 8.94O2 / Oracle 9.2.0.6 / Windows / 1 language = french and the generation works fine.)
If you have any suggestion, I would be delighted.
Thanks
Regards,
Loïc

Back