OW Processing option on Enterprise Server

ccoulon

Hi all,

Do you know how I can be sure that Processing option define on "Batch Version" are really the one used on my enterprise Server ?
Sometimes When a user change Processing Option and execute on the enterprise Server, these option are kept for the following user just on the enterprise server and when we look at the definition these are the old one ...
So, is there some tools to validate processing option on the server ?

Cedric Coulon
AIX 5.2 HACMP cluster
Oneworld B7332 SP22O1

Cedric,

PO's are entirely dynamic. What you are experiencing, is probably your users submitting jobs to quickly one ater another, e.g.: the first one sends a job to the server, but by the time the server actually starts it up, anothjer user managed to change it and so, it picks up the latest changes.

This is different from Data Selections, which are actually sent to the Server along with the job for each submission and so are independent of each-other.

Yes, this is what's happened ...
But is there a way to know what are the latest processing option used on the
enterprise server ?
The problem is located in the fact that if I restart the submitted jobs,
without any other user submitted jobs, the processing option used seems to
be the latest used ( So the one used by the user ... ).

Re: RE: OW Processing option on Enterprise Server

Since it's not cached on the Server, the answer is: the same as you can see from the Client, at the time the job starts: click on the PO exit for the Version in question - what you see there, is what will be used.

The system is not maintainiing any history of what it could have been in the past.

Any UBE can also be modified to print the PO on the front page.

On the other hand, if you are after a PO reporting solution, we have a commercially available product to do this. - if interested, please, contact me via e-mail directly.

RE: RE: OW Processing option on Enterprise Server

Hmmm ...
In fact, when we are submitted this job daily, this is through the runube
binary... We are using shell script to start it with the good options ...
So, this is not possible, in this case, to verify as saying below, the PO
used ...
And this is where I am in trouble ...

Re: RE: RE: OW Processing option on Enterprise Server

Make it print PO's on the front page.

PO's are not "submitted", they are read at the time the job starts.

You should, probably, just create a special Version to use in the scheduler olny, so that the users cannot run it or change PO's.

Ok, I think this is what we will do ...
So, it seems there is no way to validate the PO which will be used by my runube binary ...

Or, alternatively, if you know it starts at 3 pm, as an example, just a minute before this time, use some tool or UBE to save the PO's at that time - this will be what your job will be using next.

Alex,
In the past, you have a problem that the PO values where retrieved just while the report start executing. Now this should not be true. After SP 19 in OW this changed. At least in Xe was working.

There is a document in KG, Solution ID: 200801960 that you can review this...

Runtime Data Selection is not saved but why are Runtime Processing Options saved?
Answer:
This functions as designed. Runtime Data Selection, Data Sequencing and Processing Options are saved with the Server job when a report is submitted to the server, but the Processing Option values are also updated for the Version in the Versions List table (F983051) when OK is clicked on the Processing Options prompting window.

Carlos,

Thank you for your input.

This may need more research, if that's the case. But I would be surprised, if this were true: there's no spec type, to correspond to the Processing Options. Which TAM file would they be saved into?

The solution ID that you quoted, is actually about a different issue:

Solution ID: 200801960
Summary: E1: RDA: Processing Option Values Ignored at runtime
Details: SOLUTION ID: 200801960: E1: RDA: Processing Option Values Ignored at runtime

ISSUE: I created a processing option template and attached it to my report. I created the appropriate event rules on my report to use the processing option variables. However, when I execute my report, the processing option values appear to be ignored. When I do an assignment to print the processing option values in the header of my report, the values print as blank even though valid values have been entered in the processing options for the version. Why does this occur?

SOLUTION: This issue with processing options defined for a version being ignored when the version is executed occurs when the prompting option on the version is set to No Processing Options. The prompting option for a version is located in the Version Detail. When the prompting option is set to no processing options, at runtime, even though processing option values exist, they are ignored.

To update the prompting options, from Batch Versions select the version and then take the row exit for Version Detail. Change the prompting value on the version to either blind execution or prompt for values.

Alex,
Sorry, I posted the wrong solution ID, the correct one is 200783602. http://www.peoplesoft.com/psp/portprd/CUSTOMER/CRM/c/C1C_MENU.C1_SOLN_SUMMARY.GBL?page=C1_SOLN_SUMMARY&SETID=SHARE&SOLUTION_ID=200783602.
When you submit the job and select the options to print the details in version, this application must be reading the PO values in F983051, but the runube kernel is not doing this. Where is it ... I don't know yet but I'm searching and I believe that it is into some pointer inside the F986110.jcsrvbloba of the submitted job.

Carlos,

True enough: it's actually there! Which gives me another idea for development ;-)

I stand corrected and it now looks more like this:
- PO's are submitted along with the job.
- Why the system isn't using them in the reported case? - it's apparently just a bug, or an old SP.
- Yes, the PO's used by the Versions are saved, although there's no way to read this data (yet ;-)

RE: RE: RE: OW Processing option on Enterprise Server

And ...

Is there the same Way of life ;) for the data selection ?

Re: RE: RE: RE: OW Processing option on Enterprise Server

Yes, for the data selection and the data sequence.

Re: RE: RE: RE: OW Processing option on Enterprise Server

Probably a bit worse: saved PO's are not affecting subsequent runs, while DS&S's are, because they are cached in the TAM files.

ccoulon,
When you submit a job, it prompts for the values of the PO. This values are stored in P983051 table, and the version prompt reads for this place. If you change and click ok will update the F983051 table.
For the data selection by default it is overrided from the report, so each report have an specific data selection, this is STORED into the TAM files as Alex explained. If you change the Data Selection and submit the job the data selection will not be saved into the TAM file, just will be copied into someplace of the sumbitted job.
If you have one version different from the client and the enterprise.. is possible that your TAM files are different, a good sugestion is to make a full package to you citrix/enterprise/fat clients this should solve the problem.
If you want to check the local specs, you can use the UTB (remember that you need TamMenus=show) to browse the local specs. Check into the local machine the RDASPEC.ddb file of the report R??? and you will see the szReport = R??? and the szVersion = + this is the template, also you will find lines szReport = R??? and szVersion = "ZJDE???" are the additional spec lines . Seach for the nRecordType = 7, this is the line of the data selection. in the left panel you will see the zPromotion.lTimeStamp. This date you can compare with the Central Object. If you have different dates the version in your client is different.
For the unix, I'm not sure is the spec files are compatible and you can try copy the file and read by UTB (I never tried)... (RDASPEC.DDB)...

Hope this help...

Just to let you know, that we are now offering a new commercial software solution to read the actual PO values of submitted Batch Jobs...

Back