WEB error message

gjhanson

We are up and running 8.11 in a test environment and for the most part it runs pretty well. At least once a day we get the following error on numerious applications:

COULD NOT LOAD FORM xxxxxxx_xxxxxxxxx_xxxxxxxx
JAS_MSG431: Fetch serialized object failed. Please contact your systems administrator.

I have been able to correct the error by going into another environment, bringing up the same application, going back to the environment were the error occured and it works.
I have no idea why it failed in the first place because others were using the application during the day just before the failure.

Any explanation greatly appreciated.

i5, v5r3, JAS on windows, 8.11 8.94

[ QUOTE ]
I have been able to correct the error by going into another environment, bringing up the same application, going back to the environment were the error occured and it works.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I spotted your problem. Are your other environments (PY, DV) sharing the same port as PD? If so, they are sharing the same application code and your environments are bumping heads. Each pathcode should be on a different virtual host with a different port. (see attached screenshot). When my users want to log in to the PY pathcode, they use a URL like so: http://usajdeis50:83/jde/servlet/com.jdedwards.runtime.virtual.LoginServlet

Note the :83 after the name of the server. I set production on port 80 (default). Any other pathcode has a similar URL with the port modifier.

Gregg Larkin
JDE System Administrator (CNC) / North America
Praxair, Inc.

Attachments

• 93458-virtual hosts.JPG
    93458-virtual hosts.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 168
We are still in CRP presently. Are you saying that each path code should have a different port?
i.e. DV811 port 83
PY811 port 84
PS811 port 85
PD811 port 80

What about the JDV811, JPY811, JPD811?

[ QUOTE ]
We are still in CRP presently. Are you saying that each path code should have a different port?
i.e. DV811 port 83
PY811 port 84
PS811 port 85
PD811 port 80

What about the JDV811, JPY811, JPD811?

[/ QUOTE ]

every pathcode needs it's own port, otherwise they will step on each other. I would set production to port 80 so your user's don't need to designate a port number. but they need to enter a port number to go to a different pathcode. fun, huh?
cool.gif

Gregg Larkin
JDE System Administrator (CNC) / North America
Praxair, Inc.

Every path code does not need a separate port. You can (and I think should) use name-based virtual hosting (aka Host Headers in IIS).

Please find attached a white paper addressing this configuration.

Attachments

• 93765-dk_ElimPortNumWbsphHTTP.doc
    302 KB · Views: 856
Brother,
I have 2 ports 81 and 82 running for path codes DV and PY from one JAS instance.(different host headers in IIS too). Still i am facing the same issue with SPEC_NOT_FOUND from the web client. Where could be the issue? Any help appreciated.
---------
8.11, 8.94_I1, SQL2K

Back