Solution found for custom DLL problem-Though the mail is long, very helpful for those who are facing problem with Custom DLLs

anupama

Solution found for custom DLL problem-Though the mail is long, very helpful for those who are facing problem with Custom DLLs

Hi everyone,
Thanks for all your replies
This post is just a summary of my previous 2 posts regarding Custom DLL and Business function and the solution for the problem I found through JDELIST

Let me start from the beginning,
Initially requirement was to create a custom business function which adds a record to the subsystem Queue, and use this business functionin the Sales Order Entry application.
I created the business function attaching the existing DLL "CDIST" and could built it successfully. The application was also fine with the business function.

Then the client insisted that, it would be better if they could have a custom DLL "CCUSTOM" as a parent DLL. Since creating the custom DLL was also new issue and first time for me, I was little worried, but believe me creating a Custom DLL is as easy as creating a project in OMW.

Second part was attaching it to the business function,
For this u just have to check out the business function and change the Parent DLL in Business Function Design Aid.

Every thing was smooth till then,
Now comes the bulding of business function,
"This part was really mistery, because bulding was failing every time by throwing an error "Can't build the library, and says it restored the previous DLL" Couldn't understand it, So I logged a query in "JDELIST" and got so many replies asking to build the libraries using "Rebuild all libraries" in BusBuild.EXe. But remember one thing here, before rebuilding all libraries u have to come out of JDE login and use:\b7\system\busbuild.exe.

This will rebuld all your libraries. After this I was able to buld my business function successfully.

2. Now the seond probelm, it was with the application,
Now when I run the application sales order entry, After filling the details of sales order when I place the order, It was throwing an error that "Business Function Load failed -CDIST.DLL(Business Function Name)" This was also again confusing as CDST library was no more attached to business function now.
Again I posted a query in JDEList, I got the solution,
The thing is that I need to synchronize client business data to server data, this is possible with the option available in "BUSBUILD Stand Alone" under Tools, "Synchronize JDEBLC" this will update the referrences to server.
Now everything is working fine.
Thanks once again.
smile.gif

Back