Table can't Check out/in

ned

Table can\'t Check out/in

hi all:
I have a check out peoblem. I can check out/in reports and programs, but not table. I try some times. it's Ok if the object is a report or interavtive application. when I check out/in a table, it said I can take the token but can't check out. Does anybody know why??

Thanks in advance for your help

Ned

Re: Table can\'t Check out/in

You need to be on a development client to be able to checkin/checkout files. Aside from that, you need to have write permission to deployment server.

Hope this helps.

but I can check in/out and modify other kind of objects. it's strange.

Check you activity rules for TBLE and verify check in/out location
OR try releasing the token from holding user.

how about checking the transaction log file, maybe that it has reached its maximum.

mohammedibrahim <[email protected]> wrote:Check you activity rules for TBLE and verify check in/out location
OR try releasing the token from holding user.
CNC Consultant Intel,RS6000,AS400 SP21,SP17,SP19

Hi Ned,

First check your Path Code folder, that do "include" and "source" subfolder exist in it?

Let us know the situation. Thanks.

Regards,

Zoltán

[ QUOTE ]
but I can check in/out and modify other kind of objects. it's strange.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is because tables, like business functions, have associated ".c" and ".h" files. A table trigger generates source code in C, like a BSFN, so when you check in, if you don't have permission to write on the Deployment Server "/source" and "/include" directories, you get the error.
Also, check your FAT client... if your installation is not Development (you don't, have /work, /source, /include directories under your B7/DV7333), it won't work.

Regards

hi all:
I think it's a authority problem. I use another user ID in the same client, then the tables can be checked out.

Thanks so much for your advices. I will compare the two users. the difference must be the reason.

Ned

RE: Table can\'t Check out/in

Can you check out/in any tables? If not, look at how the OMW rules are
set up.

Ellen Deak

OneWorld Xe Update 7 SP22_T, AS400 DB2 V5R2M0

Back