Not able to check in the table

devdiv

hello List
I generate a table after I did I was not able to check the F5910007 object back in. I checked it out on the deployment server. The only error I see when I look at the logging on the object is:

Source file for copy was not found:

Please Help

Regards
Dev

Dev

Did you check the table out on the deployment server or from the deployment server to a fat client?

Hi Dev,

Had your client installed with Development Objects?
With other words, does your Path Code folder contains "source", "include", etc. folders?

A.) If YES, then simply check-out the table end press the Generate Header File on Design Tools tab of Table Design and check-in.

B.) If NO, then create "source" and "include" folders under your Path Code folder and follow A.)

C.) If NO and you want to work with Table Triggers and/or with BSFNs, then you have to build a full client package, which contains the Development Objects and install it onto the machine and mark the "Install Development Objects" check-box, when you install the package.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Zoltán

Talking about C.) option, just a bit of a notice:
- you may need to install MS Visual C (if it wasn't installed), BEFORE you install the full package.

Hi Ady,

You are right. If you have installed MS Visual C previously, then at installation time the "Install Development Objects" check-box will be marked as deafult.

Just a bit comment:
You can install later MS Visual C OR if it is installed on an other machine (e.g. deployment server), you can map its folder as a drive (e.g. as Z:) on the client machine.
After it had been done, then you need to replace $(COMP) with the location of the MS Visual C in the client jde.ini and voila, you can use it.

OK, mapping the C folder from an other machine as a drive, easily can has performance disadvantages.

Best regards,

Zoltán

Zoldy stop amazing me!
How did you know the deployment compiler trick? My my, don't I learn something every day?
Thank YOU!

Hi Ady,

The astonishment is now on me.
I supposed, this is a well known technique, at least for most of us.
I am really glad, if I was able to tell you something new
wink.gif

On the other hand, at many client site of us, often there isn't an appropriate client machine which is set up for development. In this cases - if we have to work with table triggers or BSFNs - we copy the development folders (include, source, make, obj, work, lib32, etc.???) from the deployment server to the path code folder on the client macine, if they are missing particular or totally - and map the MS Visual C on the deployment server as a drive on the client and modify jde.ini, as I described previously.

By the way, we are well chatting here about devdiv's issue, while nobody knows, that had his(her) issue solved not.
blush.gif

Best regards,

Zoltán

Thank You all

After all the hard labour i had put along woth your inputs i had to recreate the table.Nothing was working to get it checked in.
Thanks again for your help.

Back