Changes

peterbruce

peterbruce

Legendary Poster
Fellow JDEListers,

I note a few changes to this site. Firstly it has returned to JDEList and appears no longer as JDEPeople. I also note that the Post Number now appears in the header of each post (I may have missed this before, but at one stage I thought it was the member number of the poster, I may have been wrong, but I can't remember now). This will be of much use to those interested in the following posts:

90113 (Adrian Chimirel)
90131 (Zoltán Gyimesi)
90168 (Adrian Chimirel)
90194 (Peter Bruce - myself)

I wonder if it is possible to add the entry of the post number to the search screen to allow the retrieval of a post by its number.

I wish to thank Eric Kempter (whom I believe is responsibe) for the provision and management of this most valuable site.

We'll look into it Peter. Thanks for the suggestion and the compliment.

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder if it is possible to add the entry of the post number to the search screen to allow the retrieval of a post by its number.

[/ QUOTE ]

Done!

Hi Eric,

GREAT!
Bunch of thanks for it.

Though I had trouble to see the post number on the header part of post, as Peter mentioned. First I supposed, I have to delete and refresh my cookies, but finally I figured out, that post number visible only in flat mode, but not in threaded mode
cool.gif

Would it be possible, to display post number in threaded mode too?

I am insatiable and ungrateful
blush.gif

Regards,

Zoltán

I had noticed the threaded view didn't have the post number before. I think it was just an omission in the original software. I've added it now.

Eric, Bud, (and Zoltán for the request),

Thankyou very much for the changes. However, like Zoltán, I have another request:

Following Zoltán's "insatiable" line of "unreasoning", is it possible to include the post numbers for each post in the "Daily archive" email for forums which have been digest subscribed?

Hi Eric and Bud,

I would like to join to Peter, making your job harder
blush.gif
and ask, is it possible to insert post number into each post, which e-mailed to the subscriber (inculding the "Replied To Your Post" and "Replied To Your Favorite thread" type e-mail too)?

Thanks again your efforts, which is really greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Zoltán

You guys ARE insatiable...

I added the post number last night and it is in today's mailings. The post number is beside the date and in parenthesis. See if that will work for you.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Eric and Bud,

I would like to join to Peter, making your job harder
blush.gif
and ask, is it possible to insert post number into each post, which e-mailed to the subscriber (inculding the "Replied To Your Post" and "Replied To Your Favorite thread" type e-mail too)?

[/ QUOTE ]

How come?

Bud,

Thank you, that combined with the post number search, will make things go a lot quicker.

Hi Eric,

Exuse me, I just noticed that the "Reply to your..." type of posts contain the post number on the end of the attached link - and it was already there earlier too.
blush.gif

I can not check Daily Digest, because I did not subsribe any.
I just subscibed the "Reply to your post", "Reply to your favorite" and the e-mails onn the Developers Forum.

Currently I do not see the post number yet in the e-mails from Developers Forum, but I am sure, it will be there soon
cool.gif

Thanks again to everybody of JDEList Support Team!

Best regards,

Zoltán

Back