Please help me get my licences back!

Buster DAN

I've just realised... having negliglected this area to some extent that we no longer have any available licences.

This is because over the past few years our desktop guys have be renaming machines all over the place and not uninstalling One World.

I have been reading this thread with interest http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=90409&page=&view=&sb=5&o=

But the thought of renaming machine....reinstalling...uninstalling would be a nightmare.... in any case I do not have domain access to add/remove machines anyway.

Is there any other way that I can free up some of the 300+ licences that we have for the 50 or so client machines that we really do have.

Cheers

DANNY

Hi,
I think just renaming ur machine and mapping it to the DS will solve it. You will have to check the registry how the installation was done i.e in HKEY_LocalMachine -> software -> JD Edwards -> Oneworld >Install.ini -> Release check the security path. If its showing somethin like f:\Deployment server\client this means that during installation the client was mapped with f drive. You will have to map it again with the same name. Try this for one licence.

Danny,

One thing you can do is get a new SPC code from Oracle and revalidate 50 machine( may not require it ), this will free up all your licenses.

Jaise

Danny,

Please find attached steps to recover lost licenses. This basically contains two steps.

1. Relicense your deployment server. Rename license files.
2. Relicense all your clients.

As you would notice, I have highlighted the area for client relicensing. Instead of expecting all users to do this, or you visiting each desktop, an easier way to do this is use the attached batchfile . The switch options in the batch file do not install any files, during client install, but only reset the security. The you can send them a document to do Get authorisation code on the machine, when they login.

To summarize:

1. Rename license files on DEP server.
2. Call support and relicense DEP server.
3. Store batch file in a network location, and send communication to all users to navigate and double click on the batch file.
4. Send document to users to do get authorisation, when they login and get a license expired screen.

Apologize if this is too long
smile.gif

Thanks
Yogi

Attachments

• 91054-LicenseRefresh.ZIP
    179.4 KB · Views: 250
Hi there...thanks for the reply...

The install.ini is using UNC paths so that is good...

I'm not sure about the new SPC though.... having done this would I need to "RESET CLIENT SECURITY" and manually license each client as they log in?

Cheers

Installed clients will not be affected. They will continue to work as long as they have valid license files in the root of the c: drive. ( c:\jde*.* ).

Gerd

Hi IndianYogi,
I have a query... i went tru ur doc, what will the renaming of the security files achieve. We had done something similar. We first had 80 licences. We then renamed the client folder on Dep Server and obtained new ones frm GSS. However the licence dont add, it now stands at 50...

Buster Dan,

Have been tearing things up on your bike lately? There is a plus to relicensing your SPC code that was not mentioned in this thread. They are now setting the expiration date for 15 years in the future. Once you do this reset, you'll never have to worry about it again until you upgrade.

Gregg Larkin
JDE System Administrator (CNC) / North America
Praxair, Inc.

...or until your pc techs replace that many pcs again without uninstalling OW..... we have full clients also and generally find it's best to reset the code every year when we deploy a new full package.

If you end up having to get a SPC, download the SPC generator. If you're like Jean, you'll create your own SPC to expire next year...if like my "mang" Gregg...you'll make one to expire in 2020...and whatever supreme being you believe in help you if you're still running E1 AND managing it by then!

Regards,

Hi Greg....certainly have mate.... would you expect anything less??
smile.gif

I have freed up some licences using the rename/uninstall method but I will re-license as per the advice here...

Thanks again to everyone!
smile.gif

Back