Run HTML application not working on E811 Web dev.client

ringerike

Hi everyone,
I installed E811 web development client step by step through official Installation Guide.But when I try to run any HTML application from OMW or from IV, there is only blank page in Internet Explorer. Setting of securïty server in .ini files seems OK.
Any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks,
George

i had this problem although my session was launching the web but not able to sign in.

we are running oracle so will give you my scenario. you need to ensure your jas.ini and jdbj.ini files are correct on the client.

SAMPLE JAS.INI the following settings need to be in the JAS.ini on the web dev client for the signon to work......

[WEB DEVELOPMENT]
# This setting is to map multiple virtual clients to a single JAS session by reusing the same NetConnection for same user
# True = reuse, else = create a new jas usersession for each virtual client
ReuseNetConnection=TRUE

# Flag for denoting whether web client is a development client
WebDevelopment=TRUE

[LOGIN]
# The default decryptor is the XOR decryptor. more could be added by appending
# e.g decryptors=name1|class1|name2|class2....
decryptors=X|com.jdedwards.base.util.encryption.XORDecoder

SAMPLE JDBJ.INI The following settings need to be in the JDBJ.ini on the web dev client for signon to work......

[JDBj-BOOTSTRAP SESSION]
user=PSFTUSER
password=PASSWORD
environment=JDV811
role=*ALL

[JDBj-JDBC DRIVERS]
ORACLE=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
;AS400=com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver
SQLSERVER=com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver
;UDB=COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver

[JDBj-ORACLE]
tns=C:\E811\JAS\EA_JAS_80.ear\webclient.war\WEB-INF\tnsnames.ora

The client also requires the JDBC drivers for SQL server. Copy the jdbc drivers for sql server (msde) up to the lib directory of your websphere install.
SQLSERVER=com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver
this line needs activating in jdbj.ini

and even if you are not using oracle. a file called tsnames.ora has to exist in the location you specify in your jdbj.ini (usually the web-inf folder)

one other note. am taking it you installed WAS Express V5.0?
you need to download and patch this to 5.02

Hi,
I have just set up 8.11.... When i develop an interactive appliaction the "Run HTML application" button in the Design tools is disabled. Do you know how to enable it ?

What is in the tsnames.ora file? I got a message on the client install that it could not find the tsnames.ora file on the deployment server and that I need to copy it to my local machine. Can't find any such file. Is it looking for data (if we're not an Oracle database) or just the existence of the file? Can I just create a file of that name?
Thanks

If you are not connecting to an Oracle database, then comment out the tnsnames.ora field of the JAS.INI

Gregg Larkin
JDE System Administrator (CNC) / North America
Praxair, Inc.

Back