Signon problems with 8.11 JAS on AS400 V5R3

iain

Hi All

I hope this finds you all well.

I am trying to get WAS 5.0.2 to run our JAS server on an AS400(V5R3). I have loaded the appropriate PTF's and Cum packs for the AS400 as per recommendations. I have two AS400 partitions, one(CLBPSP) to support PD811 pathcode and house the shared libraries etc and the other (CLBPSD)for all the non-production environments. I have already loaded a win2003 server running WAS 5.0.2 without any issues ie can sign on to JPD811,JDV811 etc. When I try to signon to the WAS running on CLBPSP ie the production partition of the the AS400, the 'user name' and 'password' validates and I am presented with he environments which that user should be able to connect to. When I choose the environment(JPD811) and click 'OK' however, i get and 'internal server error'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated....please find further log and config info in the attached file..

Cheers

Iain

Attachments

• 90586-config_log.zip
    31.4 KB · Views: 72
I am having the same problem. If you find a solution please let me know.

Thanks.

We're experiencing the same issue. Not sure if you found a solution. One workaround, not a great work around, but a workaround nonetheless, is to do the following...

---------------------------------------------

This is from the Customer Connect response...

Another workaround:

During troubleshooting the issue - we discovered that the issue was related to the jdelog.properties file. We could make users to log on to the system if we set the jdelog.properties file as follows:

jdelog.rootLogger=ERROR

jdelog.loggerFactory=com.jdedwards.base.logging.log4j.JdeLoggerFactory

jdelog.reloadInterval=60

Note that the default setting (shipped one) prevented the users to log on and users got 500 error.

jdelog.rootLogger=ERROR,JDELOG,JASLOG

jdelog.loggerFactory=com.jdedwards.base.logging.log4j.JdeLoggerFactory

jdelog.reloadInterval=60

Now, we have brought Development's attention in this issue and waiting for further feedback on it.

---------------------------------------------

We had previously found this workaround while attempting to isolate the issue. This is obviously a terrible workaround as is slows down your machine and eats of resources.

- Scott

E811 w/E94I1 / i5 (iSeries) / V5R3
JAS/WAS on the iSeries

Evidently you have to apply IBM PTF MF34923 in order to fix this.

We're about to apply...so I'll post back with the results.

- Scott

Iain,

we just tried to implement 8.11, and encountered similar problems. We found it is vital to bring the paritions and services up in the correct sequence.

The partition containing your system tables must be up before your second partition. Also starting the services on the iSeries should go in the order of JDE, HTML Service, then WAS.

Hope this helps.

Mike.

Back