Decimal shift problem in B0800001

Anup S

Hi All,

I am having a problem with the BSFN (B0800001 - Math Numeric to String). this BSFN has been changed by JDE during 8.9 release (SAR-6018156)
For eg. if I pass 108.3 as a numeric value (other parameters 'mnBeforeDecimalPoint= -1', mnAfterDecimalPoint= 1', it returns back the string as 10.8 instead of returning 108.3
It was working fine in XE but because of this SAR for currency processing its working differently in 810. Has anybody came up with this issue.

Thanks
Anup S

I had the same problem with B0000580. I was told by Oracle, then PeopleSoft or J. D. Edwards, that it is a known issue. The business function was originally designed for numbers with decimal points that are stripped out making the string shorter. It will not be changed. We can safely use it if we increase the setting by one.

I suspect that your problem is the same.

Hi Ray,

Thanks for replying, but I am not sure whether mine is the same issue. Which setting you are talking about, in the case of this BSFN changing the input parameters will not help.
In XE version, the decimal position was calculated from the decimal parameter of the number passed in, where as in 8.10 version the decimal position comes from currency parameter (which is set to 2 for GBP). I hope its not getting very confusing.

Anup S

Back