Visual ER Bridge (VERB)

cbruce

Well Known Member
Visual ER Bridge (VERB) is an XE/ERP8 utility to let you compare ER between objects that have different names. It is especially useful for the case where:

1. You copied a vanilla JDE object
2. JDE updated the vanilla object
3. You want to update your copy to match the updated JDE object.

Without VERB, Visual ER compare in Xe and ERP8 cannot do this comparison. With VERB, it can.

Dominion Software is providing VERB to everyone free of charge.

Enjoy!

Chris

Attachments

• 89215-VERB.zip
    85.4 KB · Views: 924
Hi Chris,

Yes, it could be a great tool, but i spend my morning to test it;
It's always shuting down my Visual ER Compare.I don't have no idea what that means.
Could you give me somes explanation ?

All the best,

rdiem

Try closing Visual ER Compare before you run the tool? You should not be in Visual ER Compare when you run VERB. Run VERB first and exit. Then open Visual ER Compare...

New version: VERB 3.0

VERB 3.0 now corrects for vocabulary overrides in forms and reports. For instance, if you copied an application, and renamed the title on one of the forms, then Visual ER Compare will think the re-titled form is different from the original(try it!) As a result, Visual ER Compare will not show the two forms side-by-side. Rather it will show that a new form was ADDED. But this is incorrect; the form simply had its title changed--logically one should still be able to compare the forms' ER.

This is the same situation for column headers, form controls, and report controls.

Now, when VERB 3.0 creates the temporary spec directory, VERB looks up and applies the vocab overrides. The result is that whether or not you have vocab overrides, you will be able to do side-by-side comparisons in Visual ER Compare.

This option is checked on by default.

VERB is still and Xe and ERP8 only tool.

Cheers,

Chris

Attachments

• 93919-VERB.zip
    87.8 KB · Views: 463
Hi Chris,

Thank you very much for the update.

Best regards,

Zoltán

I feel ashamed for reviving such an old thread (12 years!), but this tool would really help me on my current project (migrating from XE to 9.2), and I can't seem to get the attached file. Can anyone help me?

Can't you just use ER Compare to compare the 9.2 object to the XE Object? They can be differently named in ERC, now....

VERB stopped working on ERP8 anyway so it won't help you.
Use ER Compare as Daniel suggested.

I also use Beyond Compare over a text file print out

Back