8.11 Install - Cannot Determine Database Driver name for driver type 'O'

sharling

8.11 Install - Cannot Determine Database Driver name for driver type \'O\'

We are currently attempting to Install 8.11, but we are coming up against an error, and battling against time to get the installtion complete.

We have installed the Deployment Server software, the EnterpriseOne UNIX Software Code for the Enterprise Server,he Database files on a Oracle Database, and IBM WebSphere 5.0.2 and the JAS Software for a Web Server.

I can log onto the PSFTPLAN Environment on the Deployment Server. I then went to create my Installation Plan to let the 8.11 system know about my Dep Server, Ent Server and JAS Server etc. It let me create the plan OK, but when I went to run the plan I received the error:

Cannot Determine Database Driver name for driver type 'O'

Now whenever I try and use something from outside Planner I get the same error, for example when trying to look at the Database Data Sources for the System - 811 Data Source I get the same error.

I have attached a jdedebug.log of the short time when I click select on the System - 811 Data Source to catch the error.

Attachments

• 88957-jdedebug811.txt
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,768
Re: 8.11 Install - Cannot Determine Database Driver name for driver type \'O\'

Driver for Oracle (Type 'O') is JDBOCI90.DLL for Oracle 9i

Right next to the mentioned error message there is another error in your log:
jdecgrt:Unable to retrieve Business View informationBusiness View Name:V98611A
Apr 12 11:38:18.133 - 3172/2492 jdecgrt:Unable to retrieve Business View information - Application P986115

To me it looks like as if something was wrong with the planner specs. It cannot read the necessary information from the respective tables.

There is another thread open here on the List with exactly the same problem. You should ask for help from Customer Suport.

Good luck, Gerd

Is it safe to assume that you can connect to the Oracle database instance from the deployment server using SQL*Plus? In other words, you can ping the host, tnsping the instance, connect to the db using the JDE account, etc?

Not that this is related to the above problem, but noticed something else in the log. Did you by any chance install SQL Server tools on the deployment server?

Back