Registration required

love that answer /w3timages/icons/cool.gif

Place your system configuration information in your signature!

I see your point. Instead of changing the password, disable the profile until the e-mail confirmation is received. That's not a bad idea.

Now, I guess we'll have to wait for other oppinions or for ... a vote?

Beware of recounts, he he he!

Adrian Chimirel
Programmer Analyst
LIVE: B732.1 SP12.2, Oracle 806
SANDBOX: XE SP13, 8i
RS/6000, Citrix, 200+ clients

I still like the idea of changeing the password.
If only to mess with someones head then fine.

hehe

Scott Parker
Grote Industries, LLC.
WorldSoftware Version 8.1.2 AS/400 V4R5

You must be in sales /w3timages/icons/smile.gif

/w3timages/icons/yikes.gif Na I am a programmer. Everyone knows programmers are just trying to mess with people’s heads.

This explains the fact that a computer will do what you tell it to do instead of what you want it to do. /w3timages/icons/tonguea.gif

/w3timages/icons/laugh.gifThe conspiracy of programmers./w3timages/icons/laugh.gif

Scott Parker
Grote Industries, LLC.
WorldSoftware Version 8.1.2 AS/400 V4R5

If there is going to be a recount, you better count this /w3timages/icons/laugh.gif "Chad" /w3timages/icons/laugh.gif.

Chad Anderson
JD Edwards OneWorld Advisor/Firefighter
Generac Portable Products
B733.1 SP 7.1 AS400 Ent NT SQL Deploy Citrix M1.8

Better still, disable the account if the reply is not received within, say, 48 hours of the first address change. This would avoid a shut-out period that might be incurred with a legitimate change and also allow users to make a correction if they realise that they've made a mistake with the address change.

Dave...

Dave Kahn
=========

Scott,

>user could not use an e-mail address like [email protected].
>
>That is my default e-mail address for 90% of the online forms I fill out.
>I feel sorry for the person who actually gets the mail at that address.

If you want a non-existent e-mail address you can use with a clear conscience try one of the following:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

You can replace anyword with (err...) any word. The Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) has reserved these second level domain names for experimentation and testing so you can use them as much as you like safe in the knowledge that any e-mail sent to them will just vanish into a black hole.

Dave Kahn
=========

Back