SQL Packages and 8.11

HolderAndrew

Well Known Member
Hi All,

anybody out there know how SQL packages now operate on E1 811? It appears that SQL packages prefixed OW* OR T* are created in the QRECOVERY library on our E/S (iseries V5R2). Previously in Xe we had a separate SQL package per UBE process created in the system lib (eg. B7334SYS).

It would be nice to know how the SQL packages work in 811 as we are now experiencing some serious problems with restarting services after the OW* packages were removed.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Hi,

sorry for this late answer, but I'm in 8.10 since few weeks only
smile.gif

we've noticed these sqlpkg too...when the machine was 90% full...

that means we MUST delete it

we've deleted it having JDE running as far as it weren't locked...that was what i would call a bad idea..no way to connect or to run a batch after that deletion..that means the're not used by batches but by the tools itself (we've modified a param in jde.ini in order not to use sqlpkg with UBE as far as it's really not good for perfs)

i've opened a case about these SQLPKG and the're trying to get info about the way not to generate it or about the correct way to get rid of it
For the moment I daily delete it just before my save runs when i'm stopping OneWorld

If anybody has any further info...you're welcome
regards

Back