Freight Allowance - Setting up in Transportation Management

tklemp

How can the following be handled using Transportation Management?

We ship Collect to an overseas customer, so no charges appear in our Payable Freight.

However, we have an agreement with them where we issue a credit of $x for each case, so that we are really paying for the cost of shipping from our warehouse to the border.

We are currently using Advanced Pricing to issue them the freight allowance.

Is there any way to use Transporation Management for this customer? Since we're shipping collect, I don't think we can set up a payable freight charge (even though we are actually incurring a liability for the freight); also, the billable freight line that would generate from Transportation and appear on the customer's invoice would need to be negative.

Is there something I'm missing?

Just a thought: if you generate a Billable Freight on the SO with a line type which has 'reverse sign' ticked in the line type definition, maybe the amount is negative.

Otherwise Advanced Pricing should do the trick or maybe generate a payable freight towards your customer is an option.

Just a thought: if you generate a Billable Freight on the SO with a line type which has 'reverse sign' ticked in the line type definition, maybe the amount is negative.

Otherwise Advanced Pricing should do the trick or maybe generate a payable freight towards your customer is an option.
That worked just fine for me. Thanks for sharing!

Back