A 7.3 Training

Bert Sternal

I have just discovered that Oracle doesn't offer any training classes for World 7.x, only 8.x. I was looking for training on Inv. management, Purchasing, and Fixed Assets. Is 8.x close enough to 7.x to be an option? Is there a 3rd party who provides these classes now? I guess when Oracle says they intend to support World that didn't include training.

Bert

We have been told that there are recorded webcasts available for 7.3 and if they have enough demand they will arrange courses - but that's here in the UK.

As for the differences between 7.3 and 8.1 check out http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=W&Number=62561&Forum=,f2,&Words=8.1&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Main=62524&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=&daterange=1&newerval=5&newertype=y&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post62561
then you should be able to tell if any of the changes would affect the courses you are thinking of.

Good luck.

smirk.gif

Bert,

Many business partners can provide such training. I'll throw my hat in the ring stating that Systems Management (SMI) can provide such training. They can be contacted at 503 598-1115.

brsterna <[email protected]> wrote:
I have just discovered that Oracle doesn't offer any training classes for World 7.x, only 8.x. I was looking for training on Inv. management, Purchasing, and Fixed Assets. Is 8.x close enough to 7.x to be an option? Is there a 3rd party who provides these classes now? I guess when Oracle says they intend to support World that didn't include training.

Bert
Bert Sternal World A73, cum 12

Ciber, Inc. provides hands-on workshops at your site for almost all JD Edwards applications including World 7.3. You can call Casandra Haun @ 513-263-6458.

Alex Blasenheim
908-565-3781

You could also try GBSynergy - they specialize in customer training for JD Edwards.

Back