Importing data from excel - Failed to start Microsoft Excel

JohnDanter2

JohnDanter2

VIP Member
People,

I have a headerless detail form that I am trying to import data into from microsoft excel.
Other people can use the same APPL and it works fine.

I get this error
---------------------------
Export/Import
Failed to start Microsoft Excel. Please make sure that Microsoft Excel is properly installed on this machine
OK

Anyone got any info on this problem?
Someone has suggested it could be an Active X problem, but my settings 'seem' the same as other peoples.

Any other tips or solutions on what to look for with regard to active x problems?

I am running windows 2000. Not everyone else is by the way. XP is the norm here

Ta

John

I have had that error message when I already had Excel open and had entered data or performed a function but had NOT committed the info in the cell, ie; moved to another cell to commit whatever was entered in that cell. All format buttons will be greyed out until you do the commit which puts Excel in "limbo" I guess. After the commit the JDE Excel Export works as I guess Excel is "free" at that point to execute your request. Not sure if this applies to your sitch as your info doesn't give specific details, ie; is Excel already open when you try and export, fat/thin client....so this may or may not help.

Hello johnd,
I am actually trying to read an excel file in a Table Conversion application. The Table conversion application will read the excel file line by line and transfer the data to a transaction file. For the time being, I have to convet my Excel file into CSV. But I would like to read the excel file directly, if that is possible.
Can you please tell me how do you import an excel file into your headerless grid?
Do you use any specific Business function to do that?
Thank you for your help.
Regards,
Hemant

Back