Thread: Business Function For copying Data selection from one section to the other section?

Business Function For copying Data selection from one section to the other section?

hi,

I want to know if there is any business function by which we can copy data selection from one section to the other.

while running a report we get data selection, the user can change this while running, this needs to be reflected on one custom section, if data selection is hot coded i can put the same for the custom section, but user can change it while running, so i am in trouble,

is there any business function for this purpose, if any, let me know the parameters and how to use it

Thanks
    Kiran

Xe B7333, SP23 and 8.11

Re: Business Function For copying Data selection from one section to the other section?

There's a system function that does this - Use Data Sel/Seq from a Section.
    Chris Hogg

Re: Business Function For copying Data selection from one section to the other section?

Thanks a lot, this is working,
    can we select both sel/seq, will this give any problems?

[ QUOTE ]
    There's a system function that does this - Use Data Sel/Seq from a Section.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Xe B7333, SP23 and 8.11

I've only ever used it for copying data selection, so I don't know...

BR,

Chris.
    Chris Hogg

Hi,

I have used this system function several times with successfull results. You can even use it when the business views are different between sections, as long as the tables used on the selection parameters are present on both views.
    For instance, you can have one view with F4101 and F4201, and another view with F4201 and F4211. You must have selections made only on F4201 to use the system function.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EnterpriseOne E910, TR 9.1.5.3 , Windows, Oracle11g, Weblogic

Thread Information