Parameter string for E1 8.10

Robert Robinson

Robert Robinson

Reputable Poster
We are on Xe, converting to 8.10. Our move to 8.10 will necessitate a change from FormScape v2.4.2 to V3. The printer conversion string used with Xe is: -s PCL_PRINTER -l senderxe -f SendToFS_XE
Our question is whether any one knows what the new printer conversion string for 8.10 is.

Closing this issue out with a warning to JDE OneWorld users on Xe moving to 8.10 who also use FormScape...
FormScape will tell you that version 2 of FormScape does not work with E1 8.10, and that you must migrate to v3 (or Covus). What they do NOT tell you is that version 3 which has been shipping has not worked with 8.10, either.
***Version 3.21, service pack H is the first version which works with E1 8.10. Just a word to the wise...

OK -

Let's reset.

Is anyone using FormScape and E1 8.10? If so, were there any traps in setting FormScape up for use with 8.10?

We are in the process of converting to Enterprise 8.10-tools 8.94 with Formscape 3.2.1 Patch C and I am having no luck with OSA...
Note we did get Formscape 3.2.1 Patch C to work with XE SP23...

I have rebuilt my printers, OSA Interfaces and rebuilt the Printer Definition Language. I currently working with Formscape. They sent me the udpated Output Router and OSA router for the AS400 but still no dice. I am currently waiting on the full Version 3.2 SP2.

In XE and currently in E810 we are using the following parameter string:

-s POSTSCRIPT_PRINTER -l jdekrnl -f prtFilter -ConvertToPS

I don't even get a new line log in my FSOSA_LOG file...

It is like E810 is not talking to the OSA router or the OSA router is not listening...

Any suggestions?

Are you having problems getting both PDF and OSA working?

For PDF, there is no output router to install with Tools 8.9x as there is now PDF pass through functionality native in EnterpriseOne. You need to define the printer that sends to FormScape as before on B7x but with a Conversion Program called "*JDE PDF" - the name is important as EnterpriseOne is keying off this name to trigger the pass thru. I did have an SAR number somewhere about how to set this up, I could probably look it out if you want.

For OSA, I believe there is an updated OSA module available for Tools 8.94 on AS400.

lofty

I finally got my OSA working. We are using Tools 8.94 which does require V3.2.2 Patch D (Build 3688-dated 8/15/05) I did not have the latest version for Formscape.

Back