double-sided printing of the "auto" reports

Bryce Chen

double-sided printing of the \"auto\" reports

Dear All,

We set up some users to have their reports printed automatically whenever the reports are generated. But the problem is that when we set up printers in JDE for this purpose, the printers are not driver aware, they simply map to a share port and take JDE's default "Laser Printer" driver. So even though the shared printer has the double-sided printing selected as the default, but none of the JDE reports comes out as double-sided, they will still be printed as one-sided.

Can anyone offer some suggestions please?

Thanks in advance

Bryce

Re: double-sided printing of the \"auto\" reports

We continue to have problems with duplex printing and JDEdwards and Peoplesoft tell us they have no control over duplex printing it is all the printer hardware. Well their service packs have changed the behavior of our printers. One SP will make it work correctly, next SP will break it and make nothing duplex but send it though the duplexer making things print in twice the amount of time.

I'm sorry I don't have an answer, but I can empathize.

Nick

Re: double-sided printing of the \"auto\" reports

we seemed to figure out how to fix this when we moved from SP16 JDE xe to JDE xe SP23....not a complicated solution but one which took much analysis.

www.velos-it.com

Back