"Row" doesn't make sense to me

deng

\"Row\" doesn\'t make sense to me

I am using JD Edwards One World. There is a standard menu called "Row", which is used quite often. The word " Row" doesn't make sense to me.Could anybody explaine it and why so many commands are organized under the menu "Row"?

Re: \"Row\" doesn\'t make sense to me

Many of the forms accessed by end-users contain grids. Find/Browse (initial entry point to an application), Fix/Inspect (used to view, add, & modify record information), Header and Headerless Detail, Search and Select, are all forms containing grids. Even Parent/Child forms contain a grid (just doesn't look like it).

Grids typically contain multiple ROWS of records. The Row Menu option, commonly found on the Exit Bar as well, contains options associated with the Row (or record) that is currently highlighted. Phone Numbers, Bank Accounts, Who's Who lists, are just some of the Row menu options that are often associated with a highlighted Row or record.

Hope that helps. - Com

Hi Com,
Excellent your reply; one minor discrepancy though, the Fix/Inspect does NOT contain a grid.
Warm regards,

Thanks to you, guys.

It seems to me that " Row" is vertical, and "Grid" is horizontal on the screen. In Microsoft Excel, "Row" is horizontal and "Column" is vertical. My first language is not English, but in my monther tongue, "Row" is never vertical. Further more, how come we use the word "Grid", instead of "Column"?

Thank you for your reply.

By the way, hello to Adrian. We are in the same city.

I am not a software guy, just interested in how the program works and it's fun when you know something inside.

Even in English programming "Row" is always horizontal and "Column" is always vertical. The "Grid" is the matrix of "Rows" and "Columns". It is the box or rectangle that contains the "Rows" and "Columns".

--------------------
Ray Justus
Kitchell Corporation
Phoenix, AZ 85016
(602) 631-6157
E1 8.0 SP22_S1
Servers: W2K SP4
Workstations: W2K SP4,Citrix XP
Database: SQL 7.0 SP4

Back