Vertex & EnterpriseOne 8.10

DMiller

Is there anyone out there that is successfully running Vertex payroll tax and Geocode software with EnterpriseOne version 8.10?

We have Vertex installed but it's like OneWorld does not recognize it. We can connect via the AS/400 and all is well there but when running through a payroll, taxes are not be calculated. {Of course, we don't really see this as an issue and would like to leave it this way but we know that at the end of the year we'd get socked by the IRS :) and of course our payroll dept does see this as a problem}.

In any case, I saw the postings out here for Vertex previously and added the line to the JDE.INI file and also used the same user ID in the job description and to create the collection but nothing seems to work.

Does anyone have any other ideas or experience with Vertex issues? Thanks in advance!

My understanding is that Vertex (at least on the sales order tax side) doesn't work on V5R3 unless you trick it in the INI by changing all O/S references to V5R2 instead of *CURRENT. We are not on V5R3 or ERP8.10 yet, but are moving towards that. There should be a document on the KG about the incompatibility and the workaround. You might need to build a full package after you change the settings to reap the benefits. Vertex has not tested yet on V5R3, But PeopleSoft/Oracle knows that it fails in the lab. It makes you wonder why Vertex doesn't support its product better. I hope that this helps.

B7332 SP21, AS/400 V5R2, Fat Clients and Citrix Metaframe

Back