debugger doesn't work in E1 8.10 standalone

Jacky Zhang

debugger doesn\'t work in E1 8.10 standalone

Hi All,

I am trying to use the debugger.exe of E1 8.10 for some test. Surprisingly it does not work. :mad: Does anyone has ever met this problem?

Re: debugger doesn\'t work in E1 8.10 standalone

in ingles:
that same one I pass me to my.
During the installation of the local client, I complete process that makes the installation(bpmsetup.exe on OneWorld Client Install\ThirdParty\BPMBroker). that application is the one that allows the operation of the
application of debugger.exe, and during that installation, this it installs a service in your computer.

so that you identify east service enters the application debugger.exe,and observes in
My PC>Administration>Tools of the system>Viewfinder of events>system.

The solution to your problem is that the application bpmsetup.exe, settles correctly. and that this service activates correctly at the time of executing debugger.exe.

En Español:
Ami me sucedio lo mismo, en nuestros clientes locales sucedia que en algunos equipos si podiamos accesar al debugger.exe y en otros no, al estar checando dicho problema encontramos, que al momento de hacer la instalacion del cliente locar, exisitia una aplicacion que no se ejecutaba en algunos clientes, y que era la causante de que no funcionara el debugger.exe.
Observamos que en el administrador de sucesos del sistema operativo Win2000 alli mandaba un error de advertencia.(Mi PC > Administracion > Herramientas del sistema > Visor de sucesos > sistema. ) en las computadoras que no funcionaba al debugger.exe. al ver ese detalle, localizamos el ultimo ejecutable que se lanzaba al momento de la intalacion del cliente local. y lo identificamos siendo este el bpmsetup.exe en \\Deployment\E810\OneWorld Client Install\ThirdParty\BPMBroker.
La solucion a nuestro problema fue el siguente: Solo hicimos lo necesario, para que esta aplicacion (bpmsetup.exe) se instalara correctamente. Si dicha aplicacion no se instala correctamente, Tendras que hacer lo necesario para que esta lo haga, por que esta aplicacion instala unos servicios en tu computadora, que requiere el debugger.exe para poder funcionar correctamente.

Atte. Jose Vargas.

Hi Jacky,

First of all, welcome aboard!

We had also problem with ER Debugger, though not on 8.10 but on 8.9.

Just some question:
- what is your Regional settings in the Operating System?
- does E1 client Solution Explorer works immediatelly after it started and logged on?
- do you receive any miscellenious message, when start ER Debugger? (eg. CreateService Failed)

If some of your answer is Yes, then possibly you are in the same boat.

Currently I haven't access to any system.
I have opened 2 or 3 thread here about this and related issues in the last 2-3 monthes. Please, check the archives for these threads.

As I remember, the problem was basicly with the Java engine (???), and:
- reqired some Registry entry revision
- reqired a BPM Broker subfolder, somewhere in the file system
- reqired to set the Regional Settings to English (US)

I have found some Solution ID on the PSFT Customer Connection site too, and I publicate them in the mentioned thread(s), though they did not solved all of our problems, but had been solved with a "little help" of JDEList.

Let us to know a bit more about your problem with ER Debugger! Thanks.

Good luck,

Zoltán

Hi Zoltan,

I feel so grateful to get your reply. The following is the answer to your questions:
1. I am using English Windows XP sp2. For the regional setting, I checked it in the Control Panel->Reginal and Language Options, and it shows that the region is English(US) except that, the Language for the non-unicode program is Chinese(PRC).
2.E1 Solution Explorer works immediately after it started and logged on.
3.I do receive the CreateService error while starting the ER Debugger.

Well, after checking the Add/Remove Programs applet in Control Panel, I found that I have two version of Java Runtime installed: SE v1.4.1_02 and SE v1.4.1_03. Is it weird?

BTW, I didn't get the same error after installing B9. It just looks to me that the debugger.exe in B9 works correctly.

Back