Any Business Function to retrieve Full Path of the current Environment

PlanetOneWorld

Is there a bsfn that retrieves the B7 directory path both locally or on the server?

TIA.

not a complete responsebut you can use the B980055 to read from JDE.INI
Search B7 keys for root directory.
Could use some api to find current host (search example by using GetHost) and so one.
Hope it's could help.
By curiosity, for wich reason do you need the path ?

Hi Serge,
Thanks for the reply! I have a business function which copies Flat Files from AS400 to Enterprise Server (to the Import Folder). I need to pass the "Import" Folder Path so that the file is copied to it.
Eg: C:\B7\DV7333\Import locally.
For this reson I need to know the Path of this Folder depending on where it is run. I can simply specify it in the PO but want the UBE to identify it.

Thanks

I already done something like this. What we choose is to use a processing option for indicate the path (Alias MLNM).
Could youn't use something like that ?

You could try jdeGetEnvironmentPaths. It definitely works on the client and probably works on the server.

You can search the source directory for examples (search b9*.c).

One example of its use is in the B9800380:

jdeGetEnvironmentPaths(hUser, szEnvironment, szPathCode, szSysPath, szAppPath, NULL, NULL, NULL, FULLPATH)

in the above call you pass in a valid hUser, szEnvironment, and szPath code. The API then populates the szSysPath and szAppPath with the path strings. So if you pass in DV7333 for szPathCode and szEnvironment, then szAppPath will have the c:\b7\DV7333 path.

Give it a try and post back if it works on the server.

Good luck.

Thanks for the suggestions! I will let you know..once I test it on the Server!

Thanks again!

Back