Selecting an EDI Translator Software Package

MagarG

MagarG

VIP Member
We're planning on getting around 250 EDI invoices a month from one of our suppliers. We do not do any EDI currently. The supplier said we can bypass the VAN and get the files via FTP. We would not do any outbound EDI, they will be paid through another method.

Anyone have any experiences with EDI Translator software (OneWorld integrated perhaps) to fulfill this need, preferably low cost and can be hooked to an FTP site?

Thanks,Grant

You can try family of Sterling Commerce products, better known as Gentran
These are the intel based.
The GT Director is $5000 (have to purchase maps from Sterling Commerce)
The GT Director Pro is $10,000
The GT Server is $20,600
Also, they have Gentran Integration Suite intel or iSeries based
I think it is about 40 - 42 grand
Another big EDI software vendor is Inovis, with family of intel and iSeries based products.
We curently use Inovis TLE/400 and in process of migrating to Gentran Integration Suite (GIS)

Grant, for one customer and such a low volume, you may want to look at using someone like edict (web edi)- the info has to be entered manually into your system, but it's more cost effective then buying a translator.

Hello Vlad,
May I ask why do you migrate to GenTran?
Thank you,

I have to agree that purchasing EDI software is too costly for the volume. You can use something like edict to bring in the files. You could then populate/write to the F47041 and F47042 files and run through the application to avoid manual keying.

Back