Design tools power tool

Sebastien Leclerc

Well Known Member
*** UPDATE ***
Changed the attachment. The new version has:
- New tools menu to launch UTB, Debugger and LaunchUBE
- Searching variables is NOT case sensitive anymore
- a couple bug fixes

For those unfamiliar with the tool, read below.

This is the first release of a free utility of mine to help developpers have a better life.

The main feature is SEARCHING VARIABLES in event rule design. Yes! No more scrolling through thousands of variables! The application hides itself until a supported window is opened. When required, it pops open on top of the window and let the user do a Search/select of variables in the list box.

Supported Event rule design windows:
1- Assignments (both left and right lists)
2- Expression builder (assignment of a formula)
3- Table I/O
4- Form Interconnect
5- Report Interconnect
6- System Function
7- Business functions mapping

Instructions:
1- Unzip the program
2- Run it, it will minimize in the system tray
3- Forget it until it pops up

How to search:
1- Click on the list box containing the variable (that's a required step so the dialog has the focus... sorry, a little bug I couldn't figure out yet)
2- Click on the combo box of the search application
3- Type any part of the name of a variable (3 to 4 letters are often enough!)
4- Click on the down arrow to get a list matching the entry. The search is CASE SENSITIVE.
5- Select a variable and watch the list box below being updated
6- If doing an assignment (variable to variable), repeat the same step for the right side of the assignment

Bonus features:
1- Clear JDE.LOG and JDEDEBUG.LOG from the system tray menu
2- Open JDE.LOG and JDEDEBUG.LOG from the system tray menu
3- Insert a multi line comment in JDE.LOG and JDEDEBUG.LOG from the system tray menu (Very usefull for troubleshooting!)

This is the first release to the public. It has been tested with a few versions but might fail with yours. If so, contact me and I'll try to make it work.

If you see bugs or if you have ideas about features you would like to see in the future, reply to this message.

IF YOU LIKE IT, REPLY and let us know!

Attachments

• 83391-SelectVar.zip
    106.5 KB · Views: 2,406
I got some feedback from one user only so far.

He has been a good tester of many beta releases. He reported that on his version of EnterpriseOne, the selection won't work in assignment.

Let me know if you have any issue with the program.

Awesome man...
I used the tool in development for a day to test...
I found that the bonus functionality to open, clear or insert comment into the log files does not seem to work in a windows terminal server environment.
All the logs are in my profile C:\Documents and settings\myname\*.log.
Is there anyway I can map to this file?
Appreciate your insights.
Thanks for developing this, only developers know how painful it is to browse through that goddamn screen with 6 variables in view.
~murali

THANK YOU = MERCI Sebastien!
A VERY useful, elegant and highly-efficient tool.
MERCI BEAUCOUP!

Sorry for replying late I will try the version 1.1 today.
My ini file is in my profile and it should not read from the global ini file. I am attaching the ini file.
Thanks
Murali

Attachments

• 84100-JDE.INI.txt
    4.5 KB · Views: 1,141
Sebastien,

Very usefull and keep up the good work !
I hope that one day I will be as far as you are now !

Marcel Endema

Yes!

But get the latest version... This one is outdated and No one answered when I asked for its removal!

Re: Design tools power tool V1.1

*** UPDATE ***
Changed the attachment. The new version has:
- New tools menu to launch UTB, Debugger and LaunchUBE
- Searching variables is NOT case sensitive anymore
- a couple bug fixes

For those unfamiliar with the tool, read below.

Here is the latest version. I tried to post it in another thread, but since this one is so popular, I thought I would make it available from here instead.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• 88911-SelectVar.zip
    106.5 KB · Views: 734

So, i say : "You are bad boys".
I've just look down in "Download" entry of this site and found many beautiful tools.
Now, i'm always in conflict with customer's administrators because they don't want developpers works (no fast paths, restricted menus,...) so we are forced to workaround with OMW and standard APPL copied to be able to do our work.
Now, with your so confortables tools, I'm forced to use it and when they will discover it, I will be in focus for one another month.

So, Definitly, I can't tell you how nice is your tools.

Regards,

Hi Charles,

Si tu veux d'autres outils tu peux aussi voir sur le site francais de la communauté francophone: peoplesoft.free.fr

Hi,
I've just tried this and thought I'd let you know what a great little tool it is. Many Thanks!

I have tried the program on EnterpriseOne 8.11. The tools release used was 8.94.K1

It works for all the assignment windows except for the Business Function Parameter Assignment.

After a small investigation, I found out that the control ID of the list box was changed in that tools release.

I will try to fix this soon and upload the newer version.

If anyone needs the tool before I upload it, just send me an email. I will try to do it faster...
tongue.gif

It is very useful for me.
I test it on EO811 with Tools Release 8.95.C1 that it is work fine!

Awesome!!!!

Sebastian,

I can still remember my trainer on OW asking us to pepper Tools with an increase in size of the assignment window so that we could actually see what we were doing.

Great tool, thx.

Hello all!

I have been too lazy to get the newest version uploaded on the JDEList. For those of you using it, you will be pleased to know that I have sorted out a few issues:

1- Combo box sometimes not corectly filled with variables
2- Wrong variable selected from the list
3- Variable selection from the combo not triggering selection in the listbox

and the most annoying one
4- Some dialog boxes don't work anymore since service pack (tools) update

The tool should work with ALL releases. If something is wrong with it, send me a private message through JDEList and I will try to fix it.

Back