Design tools power tool

• Thread starter Sebastien Leclerc
  • Start date
I just downloaded it yesterday and did try it and it works pretty well. our system is 8.10.

Thank you so much for sharing this cool stuff. i have been complaining about the user un-freindly assignment boxes since day one when i started to develop in E1.

Thanks again and keep up the good work.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

BTW, i do have some thoughts on how to make it even better.
1. search by alias. It is much easier for me to remember alias than the full name.
2. if it can also have a list box that shows the matched ones without clicking on the dropdown button.

Thank you for the good comments!

Searching on ALIAS is a popular request, like searching in the "if" or "while" windows.

There is a limitation on what the search program can retrieve from a process that is independant. The tool relies on using standard Windows messages to poll information from the various dialog boxes, which only expose names... And the condition definition dialog does not use a standard windows control so it cannot be controled using this method either.

Make sure you download the latest version updated last week. See the first message in the thread to know what is new.

Hi Sebastian,

First of all, thanks again this great tool.

There are other limitiations, to search by ALIAS.
Not all of the possible arguments have an associated Data Item, for example:
UBE:
====
- Constant
- Alpha Variable
- Numeric Variable
- Date Variable
- TV Text Variable
- Runtime Fields
- Section

APPL:
=====
- Static Text (including Labels)
- TV Text Variable
- Grid
- Bitmaps
- Tab Control
- Tab Page
- Group Box
- etc.

I do not miss the search by ALIAS feature
wink.gif

Regards,

Zoltán

Hello, I am new to JDE and don't have much experience but highly appreciate your powerful development.
Thank you for that.
But, I have some question to ask, I am not able to use the functionality to search variables. On launching the .exe, it flashes the combobox for a second and then is minimzed at the task tray. How can I use it for search options.

Can you let me know?
Any help is much appreciated.

Regards
Mahak

Hello,

The tool is designed to minimize to the tray and activate itself when a pre-determined design window is used. For example, open report design aid, open the design rule edit window and add an assignment. The assignment window is an example of dialog box that activates the combo boxes, which should appear right above it.

have a look at the following video:
Demonstration

There are other functions available from the tool by right-clicking on the system tray.

Great tool. I have not come to the download site in quite a while and have never noticed this but this is one of the issues that is a real problem in developing in ERW, FDA etc. Saves a lot of time in scrolling up and down looking for the correct control. Thanks Seb,

Angelis

Hi Sebastian,

[ QUOTE ]
IF YOU LIKE IT, REPLY and let us know!

[/ QUOTE ]

I also use IT since more years ago.
This ONE of the TWO tools, what I install, when I begin to work on a new Fat Client or Terminal Server.

Let me mention the OTHER:

VERB - Visual ER Bridge for XE
...created and published by Chris Bruce

BOTH resides in a post in one of my IMAP e-mail folders, so I can access them when I work remotely - if Internet access is available on the remote machine. (of course, BOTH has a .txt extension in the post
cool.gif
grin.gif
)

Let me render THANKS again to BOTH of YOU.

THANKS

Regards,

Zoltán

Hi Sebastien,

Great Thanks again for this amazing TOOL.
cool.gif

I recently downloade the latest version and started to test it.

It was very funny, that still I always entered the names with the correct cases, while I very well know, this version already is not Case Sensitive. I should get used to this, and release my old Shift for longer times
cool.gif

I used this TOOL frequently in the last years.

The other great side-effect of this TOOL, that I can use my "lazy" keyboard, my both hand and most of my fingers, during I OW develop
cool.gif

Thanks again & Regards,

Zoltán

I recently download the latest version,it was very funny, that still I always entered the names with the correct cases, while I very well know, this version already is not Case Sensitive. I should get used to this, and release my old Shift for longer times.

It was very funny, that still I always entered the names with the correct cases, while I very well know, this version already is not Case Sensitive. I should get used to this, and release my old Shift for longer times

Very helpful tools love so much, tool is designed to minimize to the tray and activate itself when a pre-determined design window is used.

Back