Problem with B0500025 (Export To Flat File)

Neal Scarr

Hi

I seem to be having problems with business function B0500025 (Export To Flat File).

I can create a text file to a UNC network folder in the format \\server\folder from a fat client (Windows 2000) using B0500025 within a custom interactive application, but when I run the same application from a Citrix server (Windows 2000 Advanced Server) the text file is created in the B7 folder on the citrix server and not the network folder.

I can see the folder from Citrix and I can manually add and change text files in the network folder from Citrix, so security doesn't seem to be an issue.

Also I have mapped the business function to run locally on the Citrix server as a test, but it didn't make any difference.

Any ideas ?

Cheers

Neal

i presume two ways :
1 the citrix couldn't acced to unc. I.E. you have a security problem on a directory.
2. If you have a unc in c the \ should not be correctly understand if the unicode is not exactly the same.
One solution is to write the unc to jde.log (use the api jdewritelog {if i remember well]) to see where the citrix want to write.
Also beware of slashes into string in c which could be understood as escape sequence.

Just for information, the folder path is held in a file not hard coded.

Neal

I would try running a test with a hardcoded path\filename, just to see if the problem lies not with the BSFN, but in the path\filename that is being stored in the table .....

good luck....

Back