Paper size is not correct in PDF

Kerri_Lange

I am making a version override to the R10412a to add the account number. When i do this - the totals are off the page. I changed the paper size from letter to legal. The report is setup as LEGAL in the RDA, but when i run it, it still shows up as Letter. Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks - Kerri
XE UPDATE 1 SP16.1, Win2000, SQL 2000

I've always had to re-create the version when I've changed the print layout. Try deleting and recreating the version you want to run.

Thanks for the info - i did try that but unfortunately that did not work either.

Thanks again,
Kerri
XE UPDATE 1 SP16.1, Win2000, SQL 2000

Hi
I have had this problem and after much searching found out the info below.
The paper size at run time needs to exist for the printer ,this is done via JDE Printers application. If you run the report locally it looks for a printer set for Host = LOCAL(Winclient) printer and gets the paper size from there. If you are running on a server it loks for HOST=your servername. If it can't find the printer it assumes Letter Paper, as JDE being American assumes Letter if it cannot find a printer/paper definition.

Thanks for the info. I will check that out and see if that is it! I really appreciate it!

Kerri

Hi Kerri,
Template, AND Version have to have the same paper size/orientation.
Warm regards,

Papersize in RDA is merely a guide, it is the default paper type of the printer you run to that will determine the papersize, UNLESS you set the size as CUSTOM. Why? this allows one report design to run to both letter and a4 printers, so you don't have to redesign every shipped report for something as simple as paper size.

Assuming you want the CUSTOM, legal, landscape report, choose:
width: 14", Height: 8.5"

Back