Autostart WAS5.0.X AS on Intel

cdawes

VIP Member
Does anyone know the easy way to autostart the JDE "Web Server" on WAS 5.0.X on Intel?

I've set the IBM Websphere Application Server Service to automatic and the default server "server1" starts automatically but the AS_JDEdwards_81 does not start. I have to issue the startServer AS_JDEdwards_81 command.

What I want is for the AS to start as soon as the service does (like the default server). This was easy on WAS 4.0.X but I can't seem to find it on WAS 5.0X.

Thanks,

Colin

Hello,
Go to the admin console of the WebSphere 5.0.x
Once you are inside the main screen, on the left hand side of the pane, you have servers at the top. Select the tree and select application server. Now on the right hand side you will get a listing of you jas server ie AS_Jdedwards_XXX.
Select the server. Now you will have an entry called Initial state. Select the entry of 'Started' from the combo box. Save teh setting and restart your app server and jas server. Your jas server should mostly be started itself.

Regards,
Karthik Iyer
EnterpriseOne

You can use the wasservice command in the WAS bin directory to define your JVM as a Windows service. You can then mark the service property to start automatically at Windows startup.

Wouldn't it be nice if Peoplesoft documented these basic items...... Anyway after an hour of Google, here is how you do it:

1. Use the following command to make the JDE application server a service:

wasservice -add AS_JS_81_MyServer -servername AS_JS_81_MyServer –userid mydomain\myadmin -password mypassword

AS_JS_81_MyServer = Name of your application server
mydomain\myadmin = The domain name and user ID to run the serice. This must be a domain account for Media Ojbects to function correctly.
mypassword = the password for the above account.

2. Set the service to autostart in the Windows Services applet.

Best of luck,

Thanks!

Works like a charm. Like ya said would have been nice it they documented this in the JDE(PSFT) manuals.

I'm currently configuring my HTTP.conf files and had a few issues:

If I configure multiple VirtualHosts then I get errors in the logs. I currently have <servername.domain> and <servername> as the virtual hosts. Should there be only one virtual host?

Is there anything else in WAS that I need to do for the multiple DNS entry? Does anyone know how to config a proxy? i.e. change "server:81" to "psft.company.com"

Thanks,

Colin

Back