Unified Logon

tpruessner

I am trying to enable Unified Logon in Enterprise One Sql Server environment on Windows 2003.

I have updated Enterprise Server JDE.ini with SecurityMode=2
and have updated workstation JDE.ini with UnifiedLogon=1

When I attempt to logon it gives me message "The Unified Logon Server is not Running".

Manual says I do not need to create a server in Windows environment. Do any of you have an idea of what I am missing?

Thanks in advance.

Is the NT service "OneWorld Unified Logon Server" running in the Services control panel.

hello,

I have a document about the procedure to carry out, if you want you write to the mail and he sent it to you.

bye

You need to run unilogonsetup.exe from the system\bin32 directory on the Windows ENT server.

ok, I hope that it should serve you

Attachments

• 79553-AUTOLOGON JDE.doc
    93.5 KB · Views: 322
The unified logon is a service that has to be running on the deployment server.
Confirm this please.

Then you have two entries in the JDE.ini on the clients that will affect two options.
1. use unified logon or not.
2. prompting for an environment or not.

No and yes. No in that it does not have to be on the deployment server. If you are an iSeries shop with no NT enterprise server, you can run it on your dep. server. If you have an NT Enterprise server, it's probably best to run it there - especially if you have it clustered.

Correct-o-mundo....

But please have pity on the iSeries folks...they don't take kindly to having to put up with Windows servers at all! ;)

But yes, I agree...there is no requirement to run the service on the DS.

Regards,

I don't know if it is still available but here is the info to find the document.

Title: Setting up and Troubleshooting Unified Logon
Abstract: The purpose of this document is to show the setup of the Unified Logon service by executing the UniLogonSetup.exe

Product OneWorld
Suite Technical.
Release B733.1 and above
Document ID OTI-01-0025
Date Created 05/09/2001
Date Reviewed 05/04/2004
Date Revised 05/04/2004

Thanks - this worked. We are seeing the service hang on occasion -- has anyone else seen this and what was the work around?

The service will hang or even shut down if you have SMS, Open View or several other monitoring tools active on the server where you installed the Unified Logon agent. If you have any monitoring software, try disabling it and see if the problem disappears. If so, you will need to get a work around from the monitoring software's manufacturer.

Service hanging is one reason why it might be better running on the deployment server. It seems to work on all of the AS/400 installs.

Did you find out if this is hanging due to SMS? I ask because I have just stumbled across my document detailing how to correct the problem permanently within SMS and will post it here if you request.

I believe my issues were because I did not bounce the server after adding the service. I only bounced the services.

After we bounced the server I stopped having the issues.

Thanks!

This one great tool stops the help desk calls for the "my password for JDE won't work" syndrome. I think it amounted to about 500 fewer calls per year.

Hello,

I followed the complete procedure to use "Unified logon", The service is present and is running(lauched after Network service), All the JDE.INI file are filled with right parameters (I think...), I've declared the user in JDE like in my NDS domain, but can't connect in "Unified Logon" mode.

Can you send to me you documentation please ?

My e-mail is : [email protected]

Thanks

Back