Unable to retrieve Business Function Header

DBohner-(db)

Legendary Poster
I have this NER that we've migrated from XE to 8.10. I can go into the code, verify that all the datastructures are intact, that all the events are valid - that it looks clean.

However, when I go to build the monster, I get the following error:
"Unable to retrieve Business Function Header" in the pop-up text box.

I've looked at the BSFN (both the c code and the header) and cannot determine why I might be getting the error.

any suggestions?

(db)

Daniel,

This means that BLC specs didn't make it. BSFN's are not just C files, there are some specs too.

You can try saving the C files, deleting and re-creating the BSFN and then restoring the C files back.

Hi!
My first guess is that one of the business functions you call from your new BSFN are missing from you client... If it is true you only have to get that other BSFN...
Alex is right about the blc specs missing - the only question is which one causes the problem.
Regards:
Gergely Pongrácz
e-Best, Hungary

Thanks everyone...

Apparently I was short one 'subsequented' function - when I copied a bunch of custom functions from XE to 8.x. I was getting the error message because the header of the subsquent (called) functions had not been migrated.

Knowing is half the battle...

(db)

Hi Daniel,

I just felt in the same issue.
It was no more than half a minute to figure out and check the reason of it, after you shared the solution/reason of your issue.

Thanks, Daniel!

CONCLUSION:
It's very useful for JDEList community, when everybody share the solution/reason/etc. when her/his issue is solved/closed.

It seems to me, JDEList become more important resource to me in problem solving, since we lost the Old Knowledge Garden.

Regards,

Zoltán

Back