Peoplesoft Web Site - where IS anything ?

altquark

altquark

Legendary Poster
So - this is me ranting again - but it gets worse and worse almost daily...

1. Whats the latest version of OneWorld (EnterpriseOne) ? Where is it stated on the website ?

2. Whats the latest update for my version of Enterprise One ?

3. What is the latest service pack for my version of Enterprise One ?

4. What is the latest Planner ESU for my version of Enterprise One ?

Wasn't the point of the KNOWLEDGE GARDEN to inform users of the status of their product ?

It seems to me that Peoplesoft is making it harder and harder for customers to look up this information themselves purely to discourage them from updating and keeping current.

I am sick and tired of spending 4 hours looking for the latest planner update by having to scan through every freaking ESU for Xe out there - when I called up the response line, their response was "its on the freaking knowledge garden".

I thought Peoplesoft were supposed to be bringing back "breaking news" - or are their web-meisters too lazy to keep information like this updateable ?

I tell you - whats the point of paying maintenance when you can no longer get updates ?

I agree. I don't waste much time seaching for anything anymore. I just call support and make them find it for me. If they keep getting calls for simple searches maybe they will fix this mess.

Patty

I have been trying to find the Net Change from ERP 8.0 to 8.10 and I still have not been able to find it on the site. If anyone know where it is let me know.

YES me too, I opened a call this morning with JDE to get the location of the Xe--->8.0 and 8.0---> 8.10 net change documents after spending an hour looking.

if I get info I'll post it.

PeopleSoft Support told me that this was part of the Knowledge Garden / Connection merge and they are still getting all of the documentation merged. They hope to be done in a couple months and it should be all better then.

Yeah! ;)

Hi,

I logged a call b4 ... not sure if this is what u r looking for ?

http://www.peoplesoft.com/corp/en/training/project_team/ent_one_course_info.jsp

http://www.peoplesoft.com/corp/en/training/promotions/whats_new.jsp

Another one on how to go to the guides:
------------
Click Support
Click Documentation
Click Documentation Updates
Click EntepriseOne
Click All Product Lines
Click All Products.
They are now called Prerelease Notes and Release Notes.

Hope this helps...dlk

Hi,

I don't think there is an 8.10 net change yet. At least I can't find it either.

The best way to find anything on the website is through the site index.

Try site index -> Under R you'll find release notes -> release notes again and then enterpriseone

Theres release notes there for 8.10 but a net change only for 8.9

/ Ian

Is there anything ?

Tried to obtain a username and password for the Customer Connection.
They have a special telefonenumber wijth a computer connect to it to make sure not to speak to anyone.
Sent a mail to an address in England.
They replied: sent a mail to an address in Holland.
:confused:Sent a mail to an address in Holland.
Thep replied: This is an automated reply....etc. bla, bla.
Maybe I call again ?
I've got an SIN number maybe this helps ?
Or does someone has a crack for the Customer Connection

I want my good old Knowledge Garden BACK

It isn't like they merged yesterday. Things should be going a LOT smoother than this.

How about we all close our doors for 6 months while they migrate the information we need to do our jobs?

Shaun

I found a document called PeopleSoft Release Value Proposition for
PeopleSoft EnterpriseOne 8.10. This seems to have some information in it.
Be careful there is another document called Pre-Release Value Proposition of
PeopleSoft EnterpriseOne 8.10.

Sorry, but I can't tell you where I found them. But I did save them off, so
if anyone wants a copy I can e-mail it to you direct. Joy

Joy Fernandez, JDE CNC & System Administrator
Pedernales Electric Cooperative, Inc.
830-868-5035
[email protected]

Hi Joy,

Would you mind sending me the document? Many thanks.

Ronnie B. Villanueva
Heinz UFC Philippines, Inc.
Direct Line: +632 687-0086
Mobile: +63917 853-4278

*** The information contained in this communication is intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others
authorized to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient you are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any
action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. Heinz UFC is neither liable for the proper
and complete transmission of the information contained in this
communication nor for any delay in its receipt. ***

Just got the following information from support:

Product Development is working on a list of table changes for 8.9 to 8.10. This will be compiled with the Xe to 8.9 Programmer's guide and will be made available on Customer Connection. Tentatively it will be available in Customer Connection at the end of Q4 2004.

see the Discussions happened between me and PERPLE SOFT .COM Webdesk

TALLAM COMMENTS:
it's not about bug this feed back is for entire site. This the most worst site i have ever used,for the past months as i faced this site is horrible but atleast there is a work around to reach JDEDWARDS Knowledge garden old site(https://kgapps2.jdedwards.com) which is quite comfortable and gr8.now even u block and redirected to so called latin/Alien page(www.peoplesoft.com).u may guess that i could suggest for the better Navigation of the site.Suggesions,comments comes into an account if only a few pages are not well designed but here the entire site is a local Alien Jargon.So any how as an JDE Developer in
a big five was not worried as we always have surrort from the GREAT"www.jdetips.com and www.jdelist.com"{{NOT AFFILIATED OR ENDORSED BY JDEDWARDS)).So i am least worried we all will try to develop that site to an extent of the mirror image of www.jdedwards .com.

PEOPLE SOFT.COM WEBDESK REPLY:
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate hearing from you.

We've integrated J.D. Edwards Customer Knowledge Garden into PeopleSoft Customer Connection to provide a one-stop online destination for your self-service needs. Combining our websites provides a streamlined support experience, and enables us to focus our resources on world-class support
for all customers.

Kind Regards,
PeopleSoft.com WebDesk

Dear Tallam

Since you are from India, I thought I had better translate Peoplesofts reply - since they use some relatively untranslatable terminology.

"PEOPLE SOFT.COM WEBDESK REPLY:
Thank you for your feedback, we are amazed that your request got through to us - and we really don't appreciate hearing from you.

We've integrated J.D. Edwards Customer Knowledge Garden into PeopleSoft Customer Connection by slapping some graphical front end to the website and taking what we perceive as valuable information and making it as hard as possible to find. This is called "artistry" and "creativity" - and we are very proud of it.

Although the new website is supposed to provide a one-stop online destination for your self-service needs, it doesn't necessarily mean that was our main objective. In fact, our main objective was to prevent users from getting information.

We think that combining our websites provides a streamlined support experience by ensuring that we don't have to update anything anymore. This enables us to focus our resources on other important things - such as surfing the web, picking our noses and generally trying to extract as much money from our world-class company by ensuring that we provide as little support for all customers.

Kind Regards,
PeopleSoft.com WebDesk "
------------------------------

Seriously. In their reply, they state they have "combined" the Knowledge Garden with their own system.

The definition of "Combine" :

com·bine
v. com·bined, com·bin·ing, com·bines
v. tr.
1. To bring into a state of unity; merge.
2. To join (two or more substances) to make a single substance, such as a chemical compound; mix.
3. To become united; coalesce.
4. To join forces for a common purpose. See Synonyms at join.

I think that Peoplesoft need to understand that when one "combines" two products together, usually the VOLUME of the products is equal to the SUM of the previously disjoined products ?

In the case of Peoplesofts amalgamation - they must have dropped or misplaced some of that information. I would sorely like to understand what Peoplesofts' definition of "combine" is.

Sounds like creative accounting to me.

Earlier today, like everyone else, I put in a support request for 3 documents that previously existed on the Knowledge Garden. I have provided the exact titles of the documents, together with the date the document was published. I am still waiting for a response.

It was interesting to note that the Support representative mentioned "there is no place to enter this kind of ticket". I guess, then, that this type of issue doesn't exist.

I'm sure there was a "KG Support" area on the old knowledge garden. I guess that got fused as well...

As always, ranting and raving....

Dude!

You brits are soooo funny! I thought by now I would have learned not to have a carbonated beverage in my mouth when reading your responses.

Not only does my nose hurt, but now I have to clean my laptop's screen and keyboard.

Regards,

Hi Jon & JDEList,

Can you or anybody else to confirm, that SAR Search brings up in the hit list only that SARs, which is in Completed status.

I am affraid, it is true:
A.) I was able to access only SARs in Completed status.
B.) I wasn't able to access SARs, which is well known, not Completed.
C.) The possibility to subscribe e-mail notification about SAR changes DISAPPEARED.
D.) Searching SAR on a single object, which are well known, frequently affected by SARs - generally the latest SAR is 3-4 or more years old.

Did you experienced the same?

By the way, Satmetrix on behalf of PeopleSoft asked me to fill an on-line survey, after one of my Case had been closed - to research customer satisfaction. I added long comments, suggestions, where it was possible, how to make Customer Connection site better, frequently refering to old Knowledge Garden.

About my Case:
The reason, why they closed my case is: "Closed due to lack of response from contact or una", though I responded their request almost inmediatelly (48 minute) after I received their e-mail and sent the requested information in my reply and in the attachment. When I received the notification about closure, I re-sent my previous reply, asking to re-open my case, adding further comments, asking again for a brief confirmation, that they received my response and asking them again, let me know if they need further information.
--- there is no answer since 15th September.

Is my "Case" a One-Off case?

Regards,

Zoltán

Zoltan,

PSFT confirms that the only SARs you can currently view are closed SARs and that it is a cultural difference from JDE (read - they are probably not going to change it).

I've generally had pretty good response with my 'cases' (calls). I hope your case was a one timer.

Regards,
Doug

Back