Print Immediate Problem

jdeusa04

Hi Guys
I am calling my custom report from my custom BSFN using jdeLauncjUBEEx API (with PUBEVar set for PrintImmediate and SynchFlag=TRUE), but it is not going to the printer.
BSFN called from another UBE(R03B5005) which in turn called from R03B525 UBE. I am calling thsese reports from LOCAL (OCM set to local for thses 3 UBE's).
I have searched for previous posts and got the idea about this PrintImmediate flag, but still not successful.
Any idea greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sathsih
XE - SP 19
Windows - Client, Unix - ES

Other than PrintImmediate Flag any other parameter we need to set?
Please help me in this..

Thanks
Sathish

This is the code I used. I couldn't find any documentation on the flags and I found them to be a little counter-intuitive depending on how they are combined together.

dsUbeStructure.bSynchFlag = FALSE;
dsUbeStructure.bPreview = (lpDS->cUbePreview == '1' ? TRUE : FALSE);
dsUbeStructure.bBatchFlag = (lpDS->cUbePrompt == '1' ? FALSE : TRUE); /* prompt for: which printer user wants */

See attached document from PSFT Partner Connection.

Barry

Attachments

• 78920-API jdelaunchUBEEx Details.doc
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,116
Hi
Thanks a lot..
I have used the flags what U have mentioned along with flag for printimmediate (pUBEVar->zReportFlags |= eDRRPTPrintImmediate). But still it is not working.I am using default printer.
Is it any INI setting required in server INI (JAS.INI) for this?
Thanks
Sathish

When you launch one UBE from another, the child UBE inherits the PrintImmediate from the parent regardless of how you set the flag in the child. This is also a problem if using scheduler since you cannot PrintImmediate until B9 (I think).

What I did was to create a table and had the first UBE write an entry to the table. The table has a table ER which calls the business function with PrintImmediate. Not elegant, but it works.

--Good luck!

Back