JAS_MSG346: JAS database failure

imported_rklopfer

imported_rklopfer

We have an NT logic-server that we use to run batch processes on. When in an HTML-client the WSJ (work with server jobs) is run in the fast-path and the logic-server is selected....we get the error JAS_MSG346: database failure.

However, when we run the WSJ from the web-client against the enterprise-server (we run batch on both!) it works successfully.

Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks!

Hi Rick,
We are experiencing the sam issue. Citrix is fine but html pops up with the JAS_MSG346. Did you manage to find the reason for this message? Guess we will try to regenerate the HTML code for the entire application and hope the issue disappears.
Thanks,

Check you TNSNames.SQL file and verify your servermap datasource exists. Your JAS.LOG file may give you a better error.

We are also facing the same issue with JAS_MSG346: JAS Database failure. B98305V is mapped on the System Data Source.

When restart the JAS services, the problem vanishes.

Have you got B98305V mapped to the same logical data source where the UBE is being processed?

For instance, let's say you have two production enterprise servers. One is where JAS BSFN's run and perhaps the security kernel. We'll call it ent1. The other is solely for running UBE's. We'll call it bat1. By default, the BSFN's will process on ent1. You must create an OCM to map B98305V to bat1, where the UBE's run.

You may have already done this and I am completely off-base but this should be your problem.

This may or may not be applicable.... Our enterprise server is an iSeries; we used to get the 346 errors until we deleted the JAVA SQL packages on the enterprise server. Your web needs to be down before doing this; might be best to just down OneWorld. If your enterprise server isn't an iSeries, my apologies for wasting your time.

Jay

[ QUOTE ]
Have you got B98305V mapped to the same logical data source where the UBE is being processed?

For instance, let's say you have two production enterprise servers. One is where JAS BSFN's run and perhaps the security kernel. We'll call it ent1. The other is solely for running UBE's. We'll call it bat1. By default, the BSFN's will process on ent1. You must create an OCM to map B98305V to bat1, where the UBE's run.

You may have already done this and I am completely off-base but this should be your problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brother,

What would one have to do in a situation where you have say 2 servers ENT1 and BAT1 , both of which run UBE's.

Where will you map the BSFN B98305V to run then for your JAS env. Any one out there have a setup like this..

Hi Brother,

I checked our mapping of B98305V and there is no specific mapping to the logic data source, however for our JPD7333 environment we do have a DEFAULT mapping for *PUBLIC to the correct logic data source. So I believe if no mapping is found for a JPD7333 environment for B98305V, it should use the DEFAULT mapping. Am I correct given your reply?

TIA, Jay

I never figured that out. Not sure if Denver has either. If anyone else has figured this out I would love to know.

I worked around the issue by running UBE's submitted by the HTML client to one batch server and UBE's from the Fat client on another. The B98305V is mapped to the batch server that processes the HTML-submitted jobs. It helps that all my end users are on HTML.

I believe that balancing UBE load using OCM and multiple E1 batch servers is no longer the best way, at least in part because of this issue. I would prefer the new load balanced batch servers method.

Yes.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Brother,

I checked our mapping of B98305V and there is no specific mapping to the logic data source, however for our JPD7333 environment we do have a DEFAULT mapping for *PUBLIC to the correct logic data source. So I believe if no mapping is found for a JPD7333 environment for B98305V, it should use the DEFAULT mapping. Am I correct given your reply?

TIA, Jay

[/ QUOTE ]

MY setup is:
AS/400: UBE/Database
W2K3 Apps1: UBE for US
W2K3 Apps2: UBE for non-US

Server Map libraries for both apps servers are on the AS/400. I have no special mappings for the B98305V in any environment. All my users can see all jobs submitted to any server.

Chris

We seem to have gotten off-topic on this thread. I wanted to be clear that you will be able to run UBE's and see the jobs without having the B98305V mapped. You will have problems when trying to copy web versions without B98305V mapped to the UBE server.

[ QUOTE ]
MY setup is:
AS/400: UBE/Database
W2K3 Apps1: UBE for US
W2K3 Apps2: UBE for non-US

Server Map libraries for both apps servers are on the AS/400. I have no special mappings for the B98305V in any environment. All my users can see all jobs submitted to any server.

Chris

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Brother,

What would one have to do in a situation where you have say 2 servers ENT1 and BAT1 , both of which run UBE's.

Where will you map the BSFN B98305V to run then for your JAS env. Any one out there have a setup like this..

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I was responding to the question of if anyone had a setup like that. We do, and as you mention, no special mapping is required.

Chris

hi
I have the same issue, win 2k, ms sql server, and websphere.
i am reciving a message JAS_MSG346: JAS database failure when i am trying to retrive the submited jobs on the application server.

if anybody know how to solve it, please advice me.

Best Regards
Anan

It may be also that E1 does not recognize the files, though the AS400 does. Try regenerating the file/indexes in the proper env, use UTB to check.

Hi,

We are facing the same issue only for a single user for one application, when user clicks find on Sales Order Application, it pops up with JAS346 Database Failure error. I did replicate a TEST ID for the same user id and everything works fine with TEST id and not with the specific user id. Appreciate your help.

Regards,
Sai Venkat.

Hi, Recently we are getting similar error except we have these
JAS_MSG346: JAS database failure [INTERNAL ERROR] internal error.

Everything went well from deployment to Web-generation without error. However when we run the application , we were getting the above error.

Any Idea how to fix this error?

Thank you.
E811 SP1.
Romel

Back