Report to identify all objects currently checked out

peterfourie

Is there a report that identifies all objects currently checked out and
which machine they are checked out on?

Thereason for the question is that I would like to build a package a deploy
but want to ensure that nothing will be lost.

XE SP19
Windows
DB2

Peter J Fourie

There is no standard report. You can write one.

Basically you need to access table F9861 and then whereever your SIMKEY <> *Your deployment servers name* shows you your checked out objects.

For instance if machine JDE01 has checked out a object then SIMKEY for that particular object (SIOBNM) will equal JDE01.

Hope this helps
Larry

Peter,

It's not a report, but an application, Specification Merge Selection (P98401 on menu GH9611). It provides the location, and other information for objects. To find out which objects are checked out and where (machine name), search for objects where the location is not the Deployment Server. Enter "!=JDED" into the QBE line for the location column. Where "JDED" is the name of the deployment server. You can then export the contents of the grid.

I hope this has been helpful.

Peter,
This is kind of after the fact, but there is a file created on the deployment server under the package name you are building in the work directory called NotChkdn.txt.
It only tells you the object names.
You could also go into OMW and do the Search by object and on the QBE line for Object Status give it a 3 for Checked Out.
Just some more things to look at, as if we don't already have enough to do.

Hi,

my answer will maybe arrive to late, but we use to do that with sql :

for the objects :

select * from ol7333/f9861
where simkey <> 'yourdeploymentservername'

and for the versions :

select * from pd7333dnt/f983051 where vrmkey <> 'depservername'

Regards

You can also look at the F98222. Column POOMWPOS1 with a value of "1" in the FIRST position. I use "1*" in UTB to do simple lookups for an objects to see if it is currently checked out.

Jason

I run a SQL query on SYS7334.F98222 WHERE POOMWCHS <> '0'. I find it nice because you can get the user, project, and versions.

andy

Back