B34A1010 - Write One Line to Text File - New Line

Sofie Hönen

I am using BSFN B34A1010 to open a flat file, write lines to the flat file and close the flat file. Each time I call the 'Write One Line to Text File' BSFN, the line in the flatfile (.txt) gets a little square as last character (you can see this in Notepad). This square symbolises a break/new line. When I open the file in MS Excel, this break symbol (the square) indeed gets translated to a new record. I am sending my textfile to another party, and they tell me that they cannot work with the 'square' as an indicator for a new line in the textfile. Does anyone know how to get rid of this 'square' / how to replace this 'square' by something else that also leads to a new line in the textfile?

Thanks!

Sofie

Release B9, 012304:0305_OneWorld_ERP9.0_SP2_E1

i never had that problem but you can try this hope it works for you.
Read your flat file again after writing records, when you read each record use business function "Remove Illegal Characters For A string" to remove that square box and re write to flat file.
Usually when i read flat file i used to get this square box and i used to remove this box using above business function.
I am not sure the solution i said above will work for u but give a try.
Check your Unicode settings also.

Thanks for your help! I have asked our CNC-guys and they can help me with the Unicode Settings (or regional/country settings). So far I have run the job locally, but on the server the setting may already be ok. And locally it can be fixed as well.

Hi..

Its unique code problem...

P93081 is the Application there setup ur Application and EncodingName =IBM-37

In 8.9 When i tried to insert flat file thru this BSFN B34A1010, its giving a Junk character at the End.
I tried setting up Encoding to IBM-37 in P93081 Appln.. Still it didnt work..

Any help regarding this will be much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance
Venu

Hi Venu, all

I have same issue with payment files. Did you solve the problem? how?

Thanks

Kr,
Pranay

Back