Working with SO holds

TequiLa

Is it possible to place sales order on hold in such situation:
Custumer has a credit limit 1000$;
His first order with amount 500$; The Day of payment of this order has expired according to payment terms;
Next I do SO entry with amount 300$.
And i want second SO to be placed on hold because of exparation date of first sales order;

i'll be grateful for any advise.

I can't recall any automated process that accomplish that within SOM but you can set up Workflow to automate that.

Hi Tequila,
in its "Setting Up Order Hold Codes for Credit Checking" section, my SOE bible says :
"You can also specify a hold based on the percentage of the outstanding balance in accounts receivables. You must specify aging periods, such as 0 to 30 days or 31 to 60 days, to verify balance information".

I understand that you want to hold any order if an invoice is expired (i.e. not payed after its due date) for the customer. You can do that by the use of the "aging" feature in the credit check functionnality.

In the "Hold Codes Information" screen, complete your credit check code (usually C1) informations with :
[Aging from] = the first AR period number corresponding to expired due dates (probably 2nd or 3rd, since the first is for "futur" and the second stands for something like "0 day late").
[Allowable %] = 0.

Doing that, any order for a customer with an invoice not payed even one day after the due date will be placed on hold, regardless of the credit limit situation.

Hope this helps,
Florian.

Re: Thanks a lot !

but the aging hold option works just only with not null percents of total a/r balance entered

Re: Thanks a lot !

Hi 'TequiLa'

One of the many JDE Quirkies.... Just put a very low value in the allowable percentage (from memory 0.01 or 0.1 is the lowest you can go).

Rgds,

Back