Server SPC won't update number of licenses

SULLY1

VIP Member
Server SPC won\'t update number of licenses

I'm preparing a new deployment server for my 8.10 upgrade. The first step is to get it looking like the production deployment server. I installed the XE cd's and called for the SPC. It acted like it took but I have 0 Seats. I placed another call to PSFT and used the P98SRV to update the licenses. Same thing...acted like it took but I still have 0 licenses. My network user has full rights to the box. I used Terminal server the first time and Dameware the second time. The calls been re-assigned. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem. Thanks in advance for your help.

Patty

Re: Server SPC won\'t update number of licenses

Hello Patty, I've seen problems like the one you describe happen when the files jdeclnt.* are somehow corrup on the deployment server (they are located inside the client directory). I suggest that from the deployment's server console you rename the jdeclnt.* files, login to JDEPLAN and then call PSFT support to get a new license. This file should be recreated. Also note I'm assuming that your service pack is the one that comes with Xe, ie: SP13. If you have updated the Xe service pack, then this should be an issue with the security revision. Starting with Service Pack 17, the security revision is 7. If you have the SP17+ installed and you see security revision 5 in the Security Revision screen, then this is a problem. To correct it run the ESU JD12367 on your deployment server before installing the new SPC key.

Regards.

Jim

Jim

Thanks for the reply. It turns out that SP18.1_E1 is not supported with Server 2003 OS. At least that is what PSFT says is causing the problem. I'm in the process of upgrading to SP22_W1.

Patty

We experienced the same problem that Patty did. We are on Windows 2000/SP3, Xe SP20. The Deployment Server P98SRV (Reset Software Protection Codes) application accepted the new code from the contracts department, but it did not save it. Our security revision was showing at "5" instead of the desired "7", indicating we didn't have the ESU JD12367 applied.

We applied ESU JD12367 to fix the problem, and it solved it. We did not even have to build or deploy any packages. Just installing it to the deployment server and applying it to one environment/path code got us going. As one important note, after the ESU was applied, and then after entering the new SPC code into P98SRV and clicking "OK", the P98SRV worked for a solid 60 minutes before it finished applying the code and returned from a "grey screen". During that period of time, the CPU utilization on our Deployment server was pegged at 100%. Then, after that, we were able to pull the new code down to our Terminal Server and Workstations.

Installing SP22_W1 fixed the license problem. I also installed planner ESU 21516 and ESU 21799.

Patty

Back