Launch Batch Application with Prompt for values and Data Selection in an Interactive Program

kschumac

Launch Batch Application with Prompt for values and Data Selection in an Interactive Program

I want to launch a batch application from an interactive program that will prompt for Data Selection and Processing Option.

I tried :

- Report Interconnect (work but did'nt prompt DS and PO even if it have a "2" in the field Prompt for Values of the Version)

- B91300C (idem)

- System Function - Launch Batch Application (nothing happen)

I think the System Function may be the solution, but I didn't found a way to make it work.
First, it have two parameters for my needs (Data Selection (Y/N), Prompt for values (Y/N)).
But it also have the restriction "only for WEB application", and we are not using WEB application.
I found a program that use that system function and I follow the source code to find the values.
I also found a OneWorld documentation. It was comprehensive for the Y/N parameters, but not for the others.

Here are what I tried with this System Function :

- Report Name : "R512000P" (the template I call)
- Version Name : "SITQ0001" (the version I create)
- Print Preview : N (I tried Y and N)
- Data Selection : Y (Expecting a prompt for Data Selection)
- Data Sequencing : N
- Push Spec Only : N (I tried Y and N)
- PO Template : "T512000P"
- Prompt for values : Y (Expecting a prompt for Processing Options)
- Date Last Executed : SL DateToday
- Data Source Override : Null (Also tried "", LOCAL, Servername. Also, before realising its ask for a server name, I tried SL Login Environment, SL Source Environment, SL Target Environment)
- JDE Log : N (I tried Y to follow, but I found nothing regarding this function in the log)
- JDEDebug Log : N (Idem)
- UBE Loging Lebel : 0 (also tried 1)
- Jargon Code : VA evt_SYR (Fetch Single in F9860 with ID = R512000P, VA evt_SYR <-- SYR. Aso tried null)
- Cover Page : N
- Job Queue Name : Null (also tried "", QB7333, QFIN)
- TC Prompting : N
- Process Type : VA evt_ProcessType (Fetch Single in F9860 with ID = R512000P, VA evt_ProcessType <-- OLCD04)

Others informations :
- OneWorld version : OneWorldXE, Update 6, Service Pack 20
- Operating System : Unix
- DB : Oracle 9i

So, if someone know, even if it's to say it is impossible, it will be very appreciated.

Karl Schumacher

Re: Launch Batch Application with Prompt for values and Data Selection in an Interactive Program

Hi,
The appropriate solution is to call a Batch Versions form the same way it is called when you click "Select". It needs a little investigation of what exactly has to be passed through the Data Structure - I don't remember as I did it a long time ago - but it worked fine.
Let me know if it helped you.
Regards:
Gergely Pongrácz
e-Best, Hungary

Re: Launch Batch Application with Prompt for values and Data Selection in an Interactive Program

Thanks Gergely,

But this morning, a friend call be back and gave me a solution that work perfectly the way I want. I use the Business Function X983052 and the UBE start with asking for Data Selection ans Processing Option. Here are the parameters as I call it :
Version List Launch UBE
"R512000P" -> szProgramId
"SITQ0001" -> szVersion
"N" -> cPrintPreviewFlag
"Y" -> cDataSelectionFlag
"N" -> cDataSeqFlag
"<Zero>" -> cSpecInstall
SL DateToday -> jdDateLastExecuted
"<Blank>" -> szDataSourceOR
UNDEFINED -> cTCPromptingFlag
UNDEFINED -> szProcessType
UNDEFINED -> szNameObject
UNDEFINED -> cPromptForValuesOverride
UNDEFINED -> cLog
UNDEFINED -> cDebug_Log
UNDEFINED -> cUBELoggingLevel
UNDEFINED -> cPromptForCoverPageOptions
UNDEFINED X szJobQueue
"52" X szProductCode

Hi,
As far as I remember this function always pops up the Data Selection form and in my Solution you had to use a check box... I needed the latter.
Is this the way it works in your case?
Regards:
Gergely Pongrácz
e-Best, Hungary

Back