Flat File path

JDETECHIE

Hi All,

I created a report to create a flat file and to FTP to Unix server. If i run this program in local it works fine but if i run on server it is not picking the flat file path and other batch file paths.
My flat file and other batch files exist on windows network drive (J:\Folde\file.txt). But when i submit on server (AS/400 is my enterprise server) it is not able to pick up (recognize) the path.
Even I gave file path with mapped server name like \\servername\Folder\Foldre1\File.csv and ran locally as well server, but it works in local not on server
Is there any security, authority mapping network issue?
Can you guys advice me what i have to do to achieve this.
All the BSFN’s which pick up the flat file, delete, rename and export flat files are client and server specific.

Pretty sure the problem is that the AS400 server will not understand the "\\servername\share" syntax. I have not worked with AS400 but don't think you can map to Windows File Shares.

We worked around the problem of creating flat files from our AS400 server by installing a batch server for those flat file generatng UBE's to run on. Then, the UBE's running the batch server have a valid windows path to place the flat files into. We mapped the users to their own secured directories on the batch server so they can retrieve the files they need. This solution avoided many headaches for us.

It's unlikely the paths you've specified will mean anything to your AS/400. Can you not create your file on the AS/400 and ftp from there?

Regards

Neil.

Thanks for all your messages.
Toboat00,
What is batch server can you elaborate the whole process

Hi

Even we faces the same problem in "AS400".I think path which u gave was giving problem to u.

Run Local:\\ERPDEV/INTERFACE/Filename.txt
Here ERPDEV is our Servername.

Run on Server: /USR/INTERFACE/Filename.txt

Makesure with slash which ur trying to run it on server.

If ur using ERP8.9 u may face unicode problem aslo .
Go to Application P93081 set Encoding name as CP1251 and IBM-37 and user as 'public' Default for all objects.

If ur not clear pls let me know.
Thanks

Look for document OTI-01-0085 in KG. Instructions for adding an application server to the AS400 configuration. This is, in essence, an enterprise server without the database. It just runs UBE's for a living. But, being a windows platform, you can map UBE output easily.

Marss12 and Others,

Run Local:\\ERPDEV/INTERFACE/Filename.txt
Here ERPDEV is our Servername.

Run Local \\servername\InfoTech\Folder1\Folder2\File.csv it is my network drive and files will exist here. If I run locally it works fine but not on server.

I will follow your suggestions to figure out server side path for same network folder. Please answer my questions.

Run on server: How the whole path will be different on server to local?
Will “\\” work on as/400?
Do we need to create separate folder for server?
How can I find the sever path as you mentioned like your example? Can my CNC or other network administrator help?

I am using bsfn ‘Fetch Next line” B76B0220 to read flat file and B7400230 (Delete or copy flat file) to rename, both are client and server specific. Any problem with these bsfn’s if I submit on server as/400 I mean recognizing the file path on as/400?

Thanks and waiting for all your suggestions

Can someone attach the document to this thread - I'd like to read it too!

db

----- Original Message -----
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 17:19:33 -0500
Subject: Re: Flat File path
To: [email protected]

tboat00

I am not able find this document OTI-01-0085 in KG.

PSEONE 8.9, AS/400 iseries

The entire JDELIST thread is available for viewing.

This is the JDELIST EnterpriseOne Developers Mailing List.
The instructions on how to unsubscribe from any JDELIST mailing list
are available here.
JDELIST is not affiliated with JDEdwards®.

--
----------------------------------------
Daniel Bohner
ExistingLight, LLC
http://www.existinglight.net
[email protected]
mobile: 208.250.1917
fax: 208.246.3425
----------------------------------------

Back