Work Order Ledger File?

Gomer79

Gomer79

Well Known Member
I was wondering if there was a file similar to F42199 for work orders? The reason I am asking is that I am trying to capture turn around time and the warehouse manager wants to measure it from when a W.O. reaches a certain status until it ships. If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

Gomer79,

We never found this functionality in XE, and ended up creating our own F4801 ledger file, using Oracle triggers to capture adds, changes and deletions. Then we also created an application to view this history information.

The F4111 (Item Ledger) might provide the information you need, but it depends on whether the status change generates a transaction. For instance, a WO completion is recorded in the F4111 and a sales order shipment is also recorded, so you could measure the time between the two.

Thanks for the feedback and sorry it took me so long to respond but I was out of the office yesterday.

Here is the scenario. When a sales order is entered for these items it creates a work order at Status "09". When it is ready to be processed it is moved to status "10" our warehouse manager would like to capture the time that status change occurs and use that is the "start time" for is turnaround time and sales order shipment as the end time. Unfortunately that status change time from "09" to "10" does not appear to be saved anywhere as it does not cause any transactions. I was thinking maybe there is a file that only gets updated when order processing is run (status move "10" to "30") as that happens right after the move to "10?

Any further information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Another thing to consider is 21 CFR 11. I see from your signature that you're on SP22, so I believe you can use it. We haven't implemented the functionality, but from what I understand, you can choose tables and set up your own audit trail on them. I believe Peoplesoft has a KG document on it, and it might be worth investigating. You could also search jdelist and probably get some good information as I think I've seen posts in the past.

21 CFR Part 11 functionality can definitely do what you are asking for. It was available as of SP21, so you should be able to install it. The reference guide is entitled "Auditing Administration (21CFRPart11), and you should be able to find it on the KG under technical documentation.
You configure it for the tables you wish to audit, and it captures every add, change, or delete to the tables. It uses database triggers on the selected tables. Should give you what you're after.

Thanks. I will look into it and see if it will work for us. This was something I had no thought of. Thanks again.

Thanks but I beleive this file is for service work orders and we are using manufacturing work orders. Please let me know if I am mistaken and how you feel this file would help. Thanks.

Find code that updates WO status and add something like:

0001 Get Audit Information
UNDEFINED X szUserName
VA evt_DateUpdated <- jdDate
VA evt_TimeOfDay <- mnTime
UNDEFINED X szWorkstation_UserId
0002 F1307 Update Work Order Status
"2" -> cRecordType
WO# -> mnWorkOrderNumber
New_StatusCodeWo -> szNewStatusOfWorkOrder
VA evt_DateUpdated -> jdBeginDateOfStatus
VA evt_TimeOfDay -> mnBeginTimeOfStatus
UNDEFINED X mnAssetNumber
VA frm_ProgramId -> szProgramId
"Any Text" -> szRemark
"2" -> cProcessingMode
UNDEFINED X cErrorCode

Hope this helps,

Bojan.

Prior to the advent of the new 21 CFR Pt 11 functionality it was possible to switch on Outbound Interoperability in P48013, P31114, P31113 and R31410 in order to show WO Transactions in F4801Z1, F3111Z1 and F3112Z1 amongst others. However, this may not suit your specific circumstance as I found significant loop holes.

For example you would get no outbound record if you updated the WO through the "WO Status" row exit from Shop Floor Workbench, neither would itupdate if you used R31802 and R31804 to update the WO Status. I believe there are SAR's for these issues.

The advantage over the 21 CFR Pt 11 function is that switching on Interoperability is as simple as a couple of changes to Processing Options. The disadvantage is that it fills up the Z files pretty quick. Good luck.

Thanks for giving me yet another option to suggest!

With all of the interest in this it seems odd there was not already a work order ledger file similar to that of sales order. Oh well something to hope for down the road I guess. Thanks again.

Hello Bojan.

I applied your code in the BSFN F3100030 but my Record number field is blank. Can you help me for this field?

Back