Credit Cards

cdawes

VIP Member
Just wondering if anyone out there has integrated JDE/E1 with any form of credit card authentication/validation.

Thanks,

Colin

I integrated the Moneris solution (API and stuff) with OneWorld Xe.

Integrated the following:

1- Sales order entry
2- Custom batch application to get automated monthly payments
3- Manual payment

Just looking for an overview on how you did the Moneris as I may have to do this (maybe not). What Moneris API did you use? COM/Java?

When I took a look at JDE it appears that it's not really setup to do automated real time authentication. Looked like it was more setup to do batch. I'm looking at doing Sales Order Entry only.

Since you've already done this how long did it take for the Sales Order portion?

Thanks,

Colin

Here are a few thoughts:

- Xe was built around a 2 phase approach which are
a) get the authorisation
b) confirm the transaction
- There are BSFN hooks in Xe to integrate an on-line validation
- In Xe (the version I worked with), the calls are being made in the End Document business function and the errors from that call (for instance insufficient funds) were NOT TRAPPED!
- There is a transaction table where everything gets logged (amounts, card numbers and results)

But the hooks were INCOMPLETE. Here are some of the things that were missing:

1- Error handling in End document
2- The credit card processing system MUST ALWAYS return a receipt. I developped a custom report that would do just that and that would be called every time a transaction was attempted
3- There is no setup tables to store informations like the IP addresses of the credit card processing system, the different numbers and ID that had to be passed. I developped a setup table that had the following keys: BUSINESS UNIT / CURRENCY CODE
4- We wanted a single step transaction (this reduces the processing costs), so I had to "adapt" the hooks to perform everything in one step

etc...

Back