GL Interface

scottw

Well Known Member
I have a Tech question. Can an RPG program open and read a OneWorld file, AS400, and validate with a record in the file? For example, I have an account (ANI) and I want to validate. I want to validate that it is an account that is valid and is post-able. How might this be done?

The reason I ask is we have an interface (RPG) that has been around since world, which is modified to put data into the TESTDTA/F0911Z1 file. The interface still validates accounts using the World RPG PGM X0901 which uses the World F0901. The World F0901 is refreshed every nigtht. I want the refresh to stop and I want to use the OneWorld F0901. I thought about using the X0901 but is large, to me, and I think there has to be a better way to do this. I do not mind using an RPG program but I am not a great RPG PGMR. I was curious if you had heard of or seen or had a snippet of code that might work for the circumstance I have described. I have attached a flow chart so you can see " in the upper left hand corner the call to the X0901". Anyway I am not looking for a long protracted answer; I know your time is valuable. I am just curious if anyone knows how this might be done. Thanks.

Yes you can update OneWorld files in RPG. We do data replication from World to OneWorld using RPG programs. The only difference is that in OneWorld indexes are created via SQL and you can't refer to them expliclit as you do a logical file. So your X0901 might not work unless you create the logical files yourself.

Back